first off, i wasnt sure if veil of maya belonged here, so if they dont please dont bitch me out

but if they do, does anyone know what tuning they play in? i cant find it anywhere and i cant seem to figure it out... thanks!
sweetest smilies ever.
no not the cynic song, and thats what i had originally thought, but my friend told me they were more of like metalcore and hes like wayy into the so i wasnt sure if he was right or not
sweetest smilies ever.
Quote by TheMantipede
Drop C I'm fairly certain.

They tune to B.
Quote by ch715dallat
Necrophagist how could all you n00bs forget the best german metalcore band ever. i think theyre tech metalcore tho or sumfin
yeah its definitely not c...i was thinking b or a becuase they go pretty low, and im tuned in c and couldnt get that low

thanks again
sweetest smilies ever.
Quote by xvictimofadownx
no not the cynic song, and thats what i had originally thought, but my friend told me they were more of like metalcore and hes like wayy into the so i wasnt sure if he was right or not

Fair enough. Are they influenced by Cynic, though?
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
I thought you were talking about the Cynic song at first, haha! Never heard of them, but I'll give them a listen.
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!
Quote by Reject_666_6

i dont think so, i dont hear much of a cynic influence in any of their songs
sweetest smilies ever.
The new album has it's moments, definitely above a **** load of the other generic deathcore out there though.
Quote by ch715dallat
Necrophagist how could all you n00bs forget the best german metalcore band ever. i think theyre tech metalcore tho or sumfin
Some of their more proggy parts are cool. I can't stand the generic breakdowns all over the place though and some very pretentious sounding pointless wank riffs. The Cynic song obliterates this obviously. But it could be way worse.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

i dont know, veil of maya is real good in my opinion, although some of their breakdowns are generic, they make up for it in their riffs and other parts of their songs...besides, breakdowns arent always meant to blow people away, if you go see them live breakdowns are meant for the pits
sweetest smilies ever.
Yah they still fall in that generic deathcore branch of bands but they're probably one of the most talented in it. The one thing that makes me listen to them over crap like Emmure, The Acacia Strain, etc. is the uplifting, positive sounding riffs they play a lot in their songs. "It's Not Safe To Swim Today" has a sweet riff in the middle of the song
Quote by xvictimofadownx
i dont know, veil of maya is real good in my opinion, although some of their breakdowns are generic, they make up for it in their riffs and other parts of their songs...besides, breakdowns arent always meant to blow people away, if you go see them live breakdowns are meant for the pits

Making sections in your music designed for no other purpose then to be uncreative filler for kids to dance to is a pretty lame musical device imo. I would rather be moshing to something that actually evokes some interest and is well put together.I don't really find anything else they do to be that interesting with the exception of a few small riffs on the guitar. All in all I'll be sure to not be in the venue when they play at Summer Slaughter.
Quote by Steve08

This is an insult to Cynic.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
soo according to your first post you said they were way to breakdown happy...and then in your second you made it seem like this was the first time you listened to them...nice, congratulations on going off of heresay for the first post, im so glad you posted before forming your own opinion
sweetest smilies ever.
ummm, or his first post was him listening to one song. Then he listined to all the song and came to the conclusion that it all sounded the same and made his second post.It's not rocket science
Quote by Steve08

Quote by xvictimofadownx
soo according to your first post you said they were way to breakdown happy...and then in your second you made it seem like this was the first time you listened to them...nice, congratulations on going off of heresay for the first post, im so glad you posted before forming your own opinion

Actually Ive seen them live... twice (once supporting Vader and once in a metal/gaycore fest). I just checked their myspace to see if they sounded different on recording.

Nice trying to "own" me...how's it feel to be such a failure?

Quote by eazy-c
This is an insult to Cynic.

+1
It's a disgrace to metal
Last edited by King ofKumbucha at Jul 2, 2008,
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Nice trying to "own" me...how's it feel to be such a failure?

Pwned.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by Reject_666_6
The Cynic song?

That's exactly what came to mind here too.
I realized I was god when I prayed and saw that I was talking to myself.
it would have come to my mind as well if this was the first thread we've had here
btw they have a thread in the hardcore forum as well
oh i must have missed it in the hardcore forum and apparently here...i just wanted to know what tuning they played in
sweetest smilies ever.
Quote by Reject_666_6

Veil of maya isn't just a cynic song. Its a concept in hinduism (I'm pretty sure, either this or buddhism) about the "veil" that covers your eyes from the truth, and this veil is what we see with our eyes. To reach the truth, we must meditate and eventually open up ourselves to enlightenment. I'm pretty sure this is the concept behind it. Then again the class I took it in I took it last year, and didn't pay a whole lot of attention except for that part cause i was like... what? hindus know about Cynic?

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Quote by bootyguard
Veil of maya isn't just a cynic song. Its a concept in Hinduism (I'm pretty sure, either this or buddhism) about the "veil" that covers your eyes from the truth, and this veil is what we see with our eyes. To reach the truth, we must meditate and eventually open up ourselves to enlightenment. I'm pretty sure this is the concept behind it. Then again the class I took it in I took it last year, and didn't pay a whole lot of attention except for that part cause i was like... what? hindus know about Cynic?

My conclusion:
Cynic > Hinduism > This band
Cynic>Hinduism>Limp Bizkit>This Band IMO
Quote by Steve08

Hey man.................It`s just one of those days, you don`t wanna wake up,everything sucks,everyboys ****ed and you don`t know why but you wanna justify RIPPING SOMEBODY'S HEAD OFF!!!!!

True poetry, those words touch me in a deep place.
Quote by Steve08

^I remember when I was 10 and thought they were awesome.... then agian, back then I thought britney spears was both hot and somewhat talented.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

i love this band, even though i'm beating a old thread here lol

the guitar playing is so much more original then a lot of the stuff out now
Quote by Riffmast
Hey man.................It`s just one of those days, you don`t wanna wake up,everything sucks,everyboys ****ed and you don`t know why but you wanna justify RIPPING SOMEBODY'S HEAD OFF!!!!!

True poetry, those words touch me in a deep place.

You're not the first guy that Fred Durst has touched.