Hello.

I play guitar normally, I have an Ibanez RG, I want to get a bass now to go with it. I'm looking to get a decent bass for under $300, I play metal, punk, and clean stuff.

Now, I know I'm going to get a "READ THE FAQ" reply, I also know I'll get a "SQUIRE P BASS" reply, I was initially going to go with the Squire Vintage Modified P Bass, but I kinda want to look at everything before deciding

First off, what's the main differences between the Squire Vintage Modified P Bass, and these two Standard Special P Basses.

Also, are this and this worth looking at?

Thanks for any help guys.
The Squire VM P and J basses are definitely worth looking at.
Best advice though- go to a guitar store and try out as many as you can, which ever you like best, buy.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
get the ltd they rock, you wont regret it
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
Well, obviously the VM doesn't have a Jazz pickup, which would otherwise add a lot of different tones to the bass. There doesn't seem to be much difference between the two non VMs. It is also worth noting that VMs have a better build quality. But it's all obviously down to you to feel a difference.
First off, what's the main differences between the Squire Vintage Modified P Bass, and these two Standard Special P Basses. The SVMP has a P neck and one Duncan Designed pickup, the Special has a Jazz neck (thinner nut width) and has standard Squier pickups which aren't as good as the VM ones. The last bass is just a different colour to the other Special.

Also, are this and this worth looking at? Haven't played the LTD but some people here like 'em. The Ibanez is great. I love SRs. If I were choosing out of these I'd go for either the SVMP or the SR.