Because i've been playing now for 8 years and it seems like i've explored everything I can with the guitar and im now becoming fasinated with music that incorporates more than just a guitar,bass, and drums. I never thought id be one to say it but it just seems like theres more possibilities with electronic music. Its actually been driving me insane lately because I dont know what to do with my music. Your thoughts?... lol
To some extent. Lately I've been longing for a piano.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
A bit, if I learn new stuff or different songs, it gets exciting again, though.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Sometimes when I've got nothing/little new to play.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Little bit. Thats when its time to pick up a new instrument. Try the kazoo or harmonica.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by x_thurston_x

This. I actually have a keyboard but I need to get a replacement plug. That would make me soo happy. I started learning again 2 years ago and had to quit after only a few months to go to uni . I will learn!
no way, guitar is awesome, its the greatest feeling in the world, excluding sex, when you play a song, or you write a song, and you know it's good.
“Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
Quote by x_thurston_x

Ive also been wanting to play piano. The awesome thing is its pretty damn easy to get a piano for free. Look through the local classifieds or on craigslist and you'll find that people give them away because they simply take up too much space.
Your just un-inspired with a guitar right now.
I strongly suggest you watch something like Batio, Yngwie, John 5 or someone to motivate you a little more.
Writing your own songs is pretty much the only thing that keeps me goin
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
yeah sometimes when i realize i'm not that great and i still have a ways to go, but i just look back at my progress and say "damn! you know what? i can do this!" and i pick up a new song/riff.

surely you can't have explored *everything*? metal/rock/blues/jazz/acoustic/classical? all of it? every genre? you kid.
im getting more and more into guitar, been playing for like 5 years, but only seriously playing for like 2...

<3 the metal, the speed and difficulty challenges
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by kingofdudes161
Writing your own songs is pretty much the only thing that keeps me goin

Same for me. I dunno im just confused on the direction of my music I think. :-\
im kinda in a slump like that right now... i go back and forth with this every month or two...

im either addicted to the piano or to the guitar. right now im addicted to the piano so i will sit here and play it for hours a day. other days i will play guitar for hours. its all in what im inspired to do
Quote by Mamakin1973
Because i've been playing now for 8 years and it seems like i've explored everything I can with the guitar and im now becoming fasinated with music that incorporates more than just a guitar,bass, and drums. I never thought id be one to say it but it just seems like theres more possibilities with electronic music. Its actually been driving me insane lately because I dont know what to do with my music. Your thoughts?... lol

well of course electronic music has more possibilities. You dont have the same limits as a guitar or drums do, you can make it sound however the ****k u want
Listen to some "Skazi". He incorporates guitar with trance music. Then try to do the same.
Learn Classical Guitar.
Learn Violin.

Plenty of choices.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Try a new genre. you haven't really explored EVERYTHING. Look up andy mckee and you will know what i mean.
"Forget the rules. If it sounds good, it is good."
-Eddie Van Halen
Summer always make me practice a little less. Full time job + heat = I don't want to do anything.

But playing some acoustic on the deck beside the jaccuzi is something I enjoy every day.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Yeah, right now I'm in one of those uninspired periods.
I bought a harmonica yesterday and started to learn that.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Yes, I've stopped playing.
FS/T: Ibanez RG570, IBZ/DiMarzio V8 Pup

Member #6 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
Try picking up a new instrument like a Piano, or an international one, sitar?
I've only just really picked it up again recently. Owned it for 6 years mind you.