I'm seriously considering purchasing this amp, but i have a few questions and i figured who better to answer them then UG

First off heres the amp

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Vox-Custom-Classic-AC15CC1-15w-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-103635231-i1145854.gc

My first question is will this amp get loud enough to do small gigs, either outdoors or at bars?

and second is a VOX reliable?

and feel free to add any other information
it should be able to get over drums, but don't count on getting a clean sound out of it at those high volumes.

you should also try it, possibly next to the ac30, because many say the ac15 lacks a lot of luster compared to the ac30.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
i beg to differ. its pretty clean at volumes to be heard above my drummer's. regardless, i have the thing and i gig alot. its amazing, and plenty loud. 15 watts tube is alot. mine doesnt lack anything. its not the ac30, but its a great amp for the money. i dont plan on getting rid of it any time soon. the biggest venue i have played with it holds about 350 people and a very large stage. small bars with no PA will be fine. bigger places with PA it will be mic'd...

just get the thing. its great. especially with a good overdrive pedal, TS9, OCD, Fulldrive, whatever.

Guitars:
1998 Gibson SG-X Carribean Blue
Dean Avalanche
Amps:
Marshall JCM900 SL-X Head w/ Orange 212 Cab
JMF 120T Vintage
Fender 212DSP
Pedals:
Fulltone OCD, TC Electronics Flashback Delay, MXR Classic Overdrive, TC Electronics Polytune
Thank you Wazmunstr, you just solidified my decision, I'll be visiting my friends at Guitar Center tomorrow.
Check out this guy too. I just got one (over an ac15) and i couldnt be happier, but i may be going for a different sound than you.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Hot-Rod-Blues-Junior-NOS-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=483711
Gibson SG Standard
MIJ 57 Fender Strat

Marshall JVM & Fender Blues Junior NOS

Dunlop Crybaby from Hell, EHX Deluxe Electric Mistress, Boss DS1, EHX Big Muff, EHX Digital Delay, MXR Dyna Comp
Quote by UnsignedRecords
you should also try it, possibly next to the ac30, because many say the ac15 lacks a lot of luster compared to the ac30.

That's my opinion.

For similar money looking to gig, I'd give the Peavey Delta Blues 115 a long look. More power, two footswitchable channels, and a tone very close to the AC30. Great amp, great value. I'm really not a fan of the AC15CC.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
the ac15 is good but really needs a od/booster/distortion pedal to shine. as for volume. yes it is loud enough to do pubs n stuff.
Quote by wazmunstr
i beg to differ. its pretty clean at volumes to be heard above my drummer's. regardless, i have the thing and i gig alot. its amazing, and plenty loud. 15 watts tube is alot. mine doesnt lack anything. its not the ac30, but its a great amp for the money. i dont plan on getting rid of it any time soon. the biggest venue i have played with it holds about 350 people and a very large stage. small bars with no PA will be fine. bigger places with PA it will be mic'd...

just get the thing. its great. especially with a good overdrive pedal, TS9, OCD, Fulldrive, whatever.

+1
Quote by wazmunstr
its not the ac30, but its a great amp for the money.

That's my biggest problem with it. I think there are many better amps out there for the money. The Peavey I mentioned being the first that comes to mind. If you want something in the 15W range, the Traynor YCV20WR blows away everything in it's class.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I own a Vox AC15CC1 and was wondering what you folks would recommend for a good hard rock distortion. I own a TS9 and a Boss Metal Zone, I run the Zone into the TS9 and out to the amp (I figured this was the best chain of command but if anybody has a different way they recommend I'm all ears). I heard the MI Audio Crunch Box is a good choice but not sure if it would be best suited for this amp... thanks in advance, cool forum btw