I am really outraged by this, I spent good $ on an RGA121 and after only a few months the chrome on the bridge is starting to wear away revealing some ugly copper-rust color thing underneath.

I wipe it down regularly yet it still happened, my cheap Epiphone LP has a more durable finish...

What are my options? the store I bought it from offers one year warranty, are they likely to do anything? Am I basically stuck with this?

Sorry for the crappy phone camera quality.
Not much you can do but just deal with it,

Hmm, I do wonder what it would look like if you were to powder coat that thing.
i don't see a pic if hteres supossed to be one, and my friend has an ibanez which has a rusting bridge aswell, i think it's just the paint they use, and just because you've had it for a few months doesn't mean the store hasn't had it for a year or more, unless you ordered it
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
not rust.
its actually the copper alloy they make the bridge out of
I did order it, it was fresh out of the box.

Does anyone else think it's wrong that an $1000 guitar uses a copper alloy rather than stainless steel?
yeah, I agree that sucks and shouldn't be dealt with for the money you paid.
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
Stop failing, and things will work out.
Coppper produces a brigher tone than stainless steel
Look at the Kahler Tremolos, you can order a whole range of material combinations, like case-hardened steel body with brass saddles

Just because it's a different material than what you would be used to doesn't mean it's not a quality item
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Having the nickel silver coating come off of the RGA121 bridge is 100 percent inevitable. Without question that coating WILL come off. It does on every single RGA121 bridge. The bridge itself is perfectly fine and well made, it's the coating that's BS. As it is that's just how it's made. and the rubbing and acidity of the oils in your sweat will take the coating off.

You could bring the thing into the place you bought it from and have it sent out to be replaced but if you were to get a new one it would just end up being the same.

I really wouldn't worry about it if I were you. The coating doesn't effect playability or tone or even the bridge's construction. Plus, guitars get worn over time... that's just the way it's going to be no matter what; pick scratches here, paint chip there, coating rubbing off, etc.
Having the nickel silver coating come off of the RGA121 bridge is 100 percent inevitable. Without question that coating WILL come off. It does on every single RGA121 bridge. The bridge itself is perfectly fine and well made, it's the coating that's BS. As it is that's just how it's made. and the rubbing and acidity of the oils in your sweat will take the coating off. You could bring the thing into the place you bought it from and have it sent out to be replaced but if you were to get a new one it would just end up being the same. I really wouldn't worry about it if I were you. The coating doesn't effect playability or tone or even the bridge's construction. Plus, guitars get worn over time... that's just the way it's going to be no matter what; pick scratches here, paint chip there, coating rubbing off, etc.

Sound advice, I think you are right anyway, I inspected my friend's RG and his Edge Pro bridge has the same wear on it.

I was just wiping it with the cloth you get at the guitar store, fairly soft cloth material.