I have a squier bullet that i've had for a while and the paint just won't wear down, appernently the newer strats are made of a paint that doesn't wear the same way the old ones did, anyway, I want to make it look heavily used wear your arm touches the body, on both horns, arpund the knobs, and along the back and bottom, I heard you can do this easily with a blowtorch, but I wanted to get some help from people who know what they are doing as I knew somone who tried to vintage his guitar and destroyed it.
a Relic basically..blowtorch? If you want burns...otherwise, if you MUST do this...prepare to get flamed by the way..

EXTREMELY LIGHT sandpaper. maybe a wet grit 600 with some water worn down a little.

Where your arm would be, even on the plastic a little. some steel wool, wood files, you know, the abrasives.

If you want burns, like a cigarette at the headstock, just light up a cig and burn it. I don't smoke by the way, and not telling you to, you'll die.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
I sanded my fender strat about a month ago and I have convinced about 20 people, 5 of them actually being musicians, that is was a '67. I used decently heavy sandpaper, I think it was 60 grit, at first, then once I got off almost all I wanted, I went to 180 grit or something close to that. It seriously took like four hours, but I think it was worth it. It might not be as bad for a squier though because they are cheaper made and the durability is different. I almost completely took off the clear coat on the whole thing, and did on the corners and 'horns' and all that. It changed the sound a little, but in a good way because it sounds more natural.