Alrite so I'm building a double neck and don't know too much about electronics, pretty much just basics. Can someone help me out finding the rights pots for this? I need some help revising this, cause I don't think it's right. I'm going to have the the individual guitars, which have a volume, and tone knob, and a pickup selector, then they go to in-guitar effects (each guitar has one effect with footswitch) the the output of the effects goes both into a 3-way selector switch, that has the options guitar 1, guitar 1 and 2, guitar 2. that it goes out to the output jack into the amp. So thats pretty much it, that all happened inside the guitar for those kind of confused. Also which type of pots should I use for volume and tone? Sorry for wall of text but I'm finished .
what type of pickups? For single coils, use 250k's. for humbuckers use 500k. That's the general rule of thumb.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Quote by THE Saint Jimmy
what type of pickups? For single coils, use 250k's. for humbuckers use 500k. That's the general rule of thumb.

Okay, would that be the volumes or the tones or both, cause I knew that those two were generally used but didn't know which is which.
the value is that, 250k for single, 500k bucker. but some people have their own preferences.

what you're probably thinking of is linear taper, audio taper.

I just use audio taper. difference is a logarithmic curve. If you're going to set all knobs at 10 like i do, it doesn't matter what type it is. One sounds different going from 1, 2, 3, etc. one sounds the same from 2-10 basically.

I say if you're going to be playing mostly with the knob at 10, do audio. Otherwise, Linear. Doesn't really matter though, as they do basically the same thing..
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
do NOT do linear for volume. ur volume will be zero when the knob is at 8.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
but it depends. On my drive and clean channel, I always have my knobs at 10 or 0. In that case it doesnt matter what i use does it? It's what he's using it for that I'm asking.

TS. this has all you need to know, ever, about pots.

happy reading

http://www.geofex.com/article_folders/potsecrets/potscret.htm
Quote by Invader Jim
^true..
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Heres what I got

Guitar 1
Pups-Pup Selector-250k-250k-Effects
Guitar 2 -Guitar Selector Switch-Guitar Jack output
Pups-Pup Selector-500k-500k-Effects

Guitar 1 is 3 single coils
Guitar 2 is 2 humbuckers

Edit:
Quote by THE Saint Jimmy
but it depends. On my drive and clean channel, I always have my knobs at 10 or 0. In that case it doesnt matter what i use does it? It's what he's using it for that I'm asking.

TS. this has all you need to know, ever, about pots.

happy reading

http://www.geofex.com/article_folders/potsecrets/potscret.htm

Thanks, I'll be sure to take a long hard look at this.