I'm trying to improve the tone of my amp, and had a few questions

1. My valveking is fixed bias, so how do I change the tubes?

2. What speaker would make the valveking less muddy, and improve the cleans to be more fenderish and the lead channel more Marshall sounding?

3. What tubes would improve it's tone? JJ's?
1) tubes pull directly out. New tubes push directly in, line up pins carefully. Will it need to be biased again? i dunno..

2) is the speaker muddy or is your amp/pickups muddy? check out warehouseguitarspeakers or go with any of the top of the line if you have the cash. (ie, celestion, things of that nature) check musiciansfriend.com for many references.

3) lots of tubes would improve it's tone. Depending on what you play, and what type, Tung-Sol's are great and cheap improvent for any 12AX7 I've heard.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
1. you can get the same tubes only new in it and not have to do it (obviously) or you can take it to a pro, maybe guitar center.

2. Vintage 30's, or Greenbacks

3. im still saving up for my first tube amp so idk =\
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by THE Saint Jimmy

2) is the speaker muddy or is your amp/pickups muddy?

The speaker is, I've tried different guitars on it and it's still muddy.
okay, then go for aspeaker change. don't listen to that guy, pulling something out and pushing it in is NOT hard at all. don't poke around much or you're liable to get killed if you don't drain filter caps.

I'm NOT exagerating, a charged filter cap WILL/ HAS THE POTENTIAL to kill you.

bjovi 400, not all tubes sound the same, huge differences. Chances are they put a cheap but effective Sov-Tec or something in there, put a Tung-Sol in depending on what you play, I've heard nothing but great things about them.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Quote by THE Saint Jimmy
don't listen to that guy

i hope you weren't referring to me, because what i said was how to bias, not change the tubes.
Ibanez AEL 12-string

I was, talking to you...For certain tube placements a bias is not needed. Like a preamp 12AX7 often...his is fixed bias he said. So therefor, if he wants good tone, don't buy a ****ty 5 dollar sov-tec again, go with something nicer!

TS, a filter cap is a capacitor with a charge on it that is more than lethal. that jolt across the heart can easily kill you. If you know what you're doing, you can learn how to drain them here, otherwise i don't suggest it as you may DIE.

TS, also check out tubedepot.com for the tubes you're looking for. they have many varieties for the one type of tube.

good luck!

http://schematicheaven.com/mods/capdischarge.htm
Quote by Invader Jim
Quote by THE Saint Jimmy
I was, talking to you...For certain tube placements a bias is not needed. Like a preamp 12AX7 often...his is fixed bias he said. So therefor, if he wants good tone, don't buy a ****ty 5 dollar sov-tec again, go with something nicer!

TS, a filter cap is a capacitor with a charge on it that is more than lethal. that jolt across the heart can easily kill you. If you know what you're doing, you can learn how to drain them here, otherwise i don't suggest it as you may DIE.

TS, also check out tubedepot.com for the tubes you're looking for. they have many varieties for the one type of tube.

good luck!

http://schematicheaven.com/mods/capdischarge.htm

ok i see, i just thought you were coming off like an asshole, but i misinterpreted, i apologize. like i said, im still saving up for my first tube amp so some things im not too up on.
Ibanez AEL 12-string

no probablem man, hope your amp sounds awesome when you're done!

be very careful inside there, I'm not joking when i say you could get your face blown apart or a lethal shock across the heart...

good luck!
Quote by Invader Jim
Fixed bias you can pop the pewer tubes in and out, no need to pull chassis. Try the Ruby 6L6gcmstr tubes, very nice.