I really hate learning songs from tabs. It gets boring really fast for me, which is weird, because I enjoy learning new techniques/practicing scales/playing chords/learning chords etc. I love playing guitar but HATE learning songs! Is there anyone else like me or am I the only one?
What if a bandmate writes an amazing song, are you going to refuse to play it?
i used to be sort of like that until i got guitar pro which made learning songs more fun for me
Dick+strings= owww
i hate learning covers aswell from tabs, that's why i learnt to read music
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
There's 6-7 billion people in the world. If you are the only one, then I suggest killing yourself.

Or eat ice cream, either way we're all gonna have a lot of fun amirite?

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
i use power tab cuz i can jus play along
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
Quote by Beakwithteeth
What if I am the only person incapable of killing myself. Then what?

Eat ice cream...

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
I don't like learning from tabs either. I play bass, and when I first started I learned a good amount of simple songs from tabs just cause I wanted to play something but I always found tabs annoying since you have to look at it then listen to the song to make sure you know the rhythm well enough. I know I should learn to read music but I haven't gotten around to it yet and most of the songs I'd actually like to play don't have tabs or musical notation for bass so I just learn by ear most of the time. Works for me.
Get Power Tab. It's completely free and it makes learning songs much more fun, because you can play along to the tab. You can even slow down the tempo if it's too fast. I found that my playing started getting considerably better after a few weeks of using power tab.
Meh sometimes it gets annoying with all the memorizing but other songs that are amazing i like to learn. I see where your coming from.