see when ever i bend a string
and go to bring it back down i always
hit the string above it. any suggestions.
thanks.
Just bend a little less, and get used to not hitting the other string. Work at it slowly.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
you mean you pick the string or the string your bending "crashes into" the other string?

if it's the second, just don't use the very tip of your fingers to bend with, make it so the tip goes into the other string and mutes it. if that made any sense.
I usually just bend it the other way. I know people tell you not to, but bending it up is just uncomfortable to me.
Keep your finger firmly on the string you're playing; intentionally move the other strings up but take care to only press down on the string you want a note to come from.
Quote by DanzigAirlines
I usually just bend it the other way. I know people tell you not to, but bending it up is just uncomfortable to me.

Don't do that or you won't be able to bend your high E haha.
I have noticed a lot of threads about the same issue recently. Like, a surprising amount.
If it's a big bend on a long note I usually mute the next strings with my pick or fingers.

It isn't the next one over that gives me trouble though, it's usually the one next to that. I do a big bend with vibrato and it sounds.
practice your bends slower until you can do them cleanly at the slower speed - that might entail slowing down to a snail's pace but if so then that's what you have to do.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
*sigh* im having the same exact problem. basically, all ive found so far that helps me is keeping my fingers firmly on the string im bending and doing it very very slowly. i spose the speed comes with time. sorry for the same advice everyone else is giving