the search function is better. i use it all the time.
seriously, a lot of threads like this have been done.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
I would try to delete this as fast as possible. Or die.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Solid State is much more practical, cheaper, and good for learning guitarists. It's once you start gigging regularly, or playing for more than a hobby that you'll want to look into buying tube amps. They sound a bit better, but they're more of a hassle to take care of.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Quote by MatReeves
instead of being a dick ill simply awnser!

Yeah, you can try to answer that all you want. It's a dumb question, and way too broad to get a real answer. We have no idea what he wants to use it for, yadda, yadda, yadda. So I think that taking the effort to peruse already existing threads would be a rewarding experience.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
how are threads like this even possible?
tube>SS.... end of thread right there.... no discussion needed about it people
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
N00bz.

Of course SS>t00b. Especially for t3h br00t4lz.
Quote by imgooley
N00bz.

Of course SS>t00b. Especially for t3h br00t4lz.

Yah, & the B3stest is teh MARshLL MG. CRUSHING O-DRIVE!1111111111111111!!!!!11????????
Quote by Iceman 420
Yah, & the B3stest is teh MARshLL MG. CRUSHING O-DRIVE!1111111111111111!!!!!11????????

ZOMG!!11!!!!!! SO tr00z. Teh sp1der 3 st4ck is b3tterz, th0.
Quote by imgooley
ZOMG!!11!!!!!! SO tr00z. Teh sp1der 3 st4ck is b3tterz, th0.

WTFBBQ?!!!!!! Tr00th make35 me 3P1( LULZ!

T00BZ
ISH 4
N00BZ.
Quote by jleath13
which style of amp is better?

sorry man. you've been around this long and came in here with this?

Search Bar just now provided me:

Showing results 1 to 30 of 270
Search took 0.14 seconds. Search: Key Word(s): Tube, vs, Solid, State

There has been like 5 at least in the last week, not to mention you had zero criteria other then 'better'

at least read thru some of those and craft something better than just 'better'
Most people on this site will say that tube is always better, but thats not true. Tube amps are warmer and fuller sounding yes, but are less reliable than ss. Budget SS are for the most part terrible, but high end SS can definitely give tube a run for its money. just ask BB King.
Umm..SS amps try to COPY tube tone for people on a tight budget........Tube amps are better, but I'd have to say, the Roland JC120 has amazing cleans and stands up there with many tube amps when it comes to tone.
Quote by a_hub10
Most people on this site will say that tube is always better, but thats not true. Tube amps are warmer and fuller sounding yes, but are less reliable than ss. Budget SS are for the most part terrible, but high end SS can definitely give tube a run for its money. just ask BB King.

sorry man, that's not gonna work either. If you had read thru any of the other threads you would realize several things too (and I'm not attacking you).

1.) Roland Cubes are great low end ss amps, as are some others.
2.) Not everyone (including those on UG) feel that Tubes are always better.
3.) Tube amps can be more reliable as valves/tubes and fuses are a hell of lot easier and cheaper to swap out then say a silicone circuit board with delicate transistors.

PS. See, I'm not entering into the debate only clarifying some things. Again, all I told the TS was to use the Search Bar first and formulate a good thread with specific questions other than 'better'. (and I realize you were not attacking me)
Quote by Mike!
Umm..SS amps try to COPY tube tone for people on a tight budget........Tube amps are better, but I'd have to say, the Roland JC120 has amazing cleans and stands up there with many tube amps when it comes to tone.

Ur thinking of budget modelling ss amps, not all SS amps try to copy tube tone. Its a completely different form of electronics. I like tube tone better myself, but SS is more reliable and in some cases much more practical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_hub10

sorry man, that's not gonna work either. If you had read thru any of the other threads you would realize several things too (and I'm not attacking you).

1.) Roland Cubes are great low end ss amps, as are some others.
2.) Not everyone (including those on UG) feel that Tubes are always better.
3.) Tube amps can be more reliable as valves/tubes and fuses are a hell of lot easier and cheaper to swap out then say a silicone circuit board with delicate transistors.

PS. See, I'm not entering into the debate only clarifying some things. Again, all I told the TS was to use the Search Bar first and formulate a good thread with specific questions other than 'better'. (and I realize you were not attacking me)

just another example a friendly fellow UG'er
Last edited by a_hub10 at Jul 3, 2008,
sorry im not a U-G devotee wasting my time on this site answering other peoples retarded questions like all of you are

my fault
Quote by jleath13
sorry im not a U-G devotee wasting my time on this site answering other peoples retarded questions like all of you are

my fault

Then stop asking questions here, and while you're at it, pull your head from out your ass.

and jumpin jebus on a pogo stick get off our site and don't come back. You are not welcome.

lets stop feeding this f***ing TROLL.....

/thread.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your crappy amp achieved a purposely crappy tone? I'll alert the presses.
Last edited by brianthemayan at Jul 4, 2008,
Quote by jleath13
which style of amp is better?

Acoustic. :P
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by JOEYPWNSU
how are threads like this even possible?
tube>SS.... end of thread right there.... no discussion needed about it people

You don't know what you're talking about.
This question is ridiculously vague and impossible to answer. We have no idea what the TS is using the amp for.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.