Okay, so I just got back from vacation. I went white water rafting, camping and hiking through the Grand Canyon.

The simplicity, peace, and serenity of being in the canyon just floored me. Words can't describe it.

All I know is that I am so stoked to be alive right now, I want to just go seize every opportunity possible. I feel like I could climb Everest.

I have no idea why this is all coming at once, before this trip, I was a very negative person, but now I want to just go dance in the rain or skip through a field of flowers.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
yes!!!! write a song while the power is in your veins!
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
Yeah, a rafting trip always has that same effect on me.

I'm going with my buds next week, I can't wait.
Rafting is shweeeeeeeeeeeet. I went about 2 weeks ago. So intense.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by Spartan070sarge
Okay, so I just got back from vacation. I went white water rafting, camping and hiking through the Grand Canyon.

The simplicity, peace, and serenity of being in the canyon just floored me. Words can't describe it.

All I know is that I am so stoked to be alive right now, I want to just go seize every opportunity possible. I feel like I could climb Everest.

I have no idea why this is all coming at once, before this trip, I was a very negative person, but now I want to just go dance in the rain or skip through a field of flowers.

It's called being out in nature. Us country folk get to experience it everyday. It's a beautiful thing suburbanites and city dwellers miss out on. Back to nature people.
Quote by \m/_Chair_\m/
yes!!!! write a song while the power is in your veins!

You have to learn to harness this energy and turn it into song and dance. Thats how the best do it like Jimi Hendrix and drugs.
Lucky. I got back from vacation saturday and my dog died today. Also, yeah to what rock_and_blues said, I live in the country, it's pretty serene(sp?) out here.
Quote by handbanana78

^First time I've ever made a funny

Quote by deathcore101

okay Mike my advice for you is, don't sleep with your sister
Quote by Ssargentslayer
Quick! write a song!

If its good enough I'll grab it and get a copyright before he does.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Quote by Eminored
It'll fade with time.

... yeah I'm a jerk.

But seriously, write a song.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Quote by Mackawade
Lucky. I got back from vacation saturday and my dog died today. Also, yeah to what rock_and_blues said, I live in the country, it's pretty serene(sp?) out here.

I'm so sorry, I'm a dog lover too, so I know how it feels.

I'm working on the song, but I have no means to record it.

Should it be acoustic or electric?

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Depends if you are writing a motivational, moving song, which sounds like what are you feeling, I'd go with acoustic. BUT if you're just like PUMPED, I'd go with electric.
Quote by handbanana78

^First time I've ever made a funny

Quote by deathcore101

okay Mike my advice for you is, don't sleep with your sister
Don't lie to yourself, you can't climb everest!
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
I masturbationed on my bus driver.
Quote by bob farrell
This man speaks the truth. Pleez to be videoing your horrific death kthxbai.
Who was your raft guide? My uncle's a guide on the Colorado, so I'm curious.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
Quote by Iron_Dude
Who was your raft guide? My uncle's a guide on the Colorado, so I'm curious.

I don't know his last name, but Mark something. He worked with Hatch river expeditions. There was also a Spencer, and Myron Cook.

Quote by John Frusciante
Yea it will go away in a few days.
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
But I don't want it to go away!

Quote by John Frusciante
Quote by Spartan070sarge
But I don't want it to go away!

Oh, but it will.

I know how it feels, I had the same feeling last week after a kayak trip. Now it's gone . The Worst part is that I never wrote the song I planned to write while I had it. So quick, go write that song before the feeling's gone.
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
Thats great buddy.
I haven't had that feeling in a long time.
But about the song writing everyone's going on about, the best songs are written spontaneously I think, so don't go writing one cause everyone's shouting it at you
But it is true about how the inspiration may fade in a bit.
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
Today, me and my gf went to the movies. During, i put my hand down her shorts.
I keep smelling my hand as of now....anything wrong with me?
teh pronz
Move to the country. I feel like this, or close to, every day. It's just the freedom associated with living away from other people. I get this feeling especially when I'm camping with friends, because I never use my cell phone and I'm away from computers and t.v's and other electronic devices. It's great.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "if I live I will kill you."
"If I die, you are forgiven."
Such is the rule of honour.
Yeah, my uncle works for Hatch too. I bet he knew those guys.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
Ibanez JS1000
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
Kick ass, what's your uncle's name?

Quote by John Frusciante
Quote by musiclover2399
Nothing's impossible! Nothing's impossiblllllllllllllllllllllllllllllee!

[/garnett reference]
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
His name's Don. He's bald with a moustache. I wouldn't have been surprised if you had seen him when you were unloading your rafts.

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
Ibanez JS1000
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
Yea, now that you describe him, I saw him while we were loading up. I didn't talk to him, but I remember him being there.

Quote by John Frusciante
Quote by Spartan070sarge

It's called nature. It rocks that way. Everyone should get out of their suburban lives to experience what we were meant to live like. Naturally.
Quote by Spartan070sarge
Yea, now that you describe him, I saw him while we were loading up. I didn't talk to him, but I remember him being there.

Ha, sweet.

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
Ibanez JS1000
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
nature is therapeutic. you'll lose that feeling soon. sorry. unless you can somehow imagine you're there again. we should all just live in the woods. we'd be happier.

I was standing quiet alone in a crowded disco
When a man I did not know showed me the door
And told me I had to go
Well that kind of humiliation never happens on farm
That's why city living does the psyche such harm
And I said

Fire escapes don't work until there's a fire
You gotta sleep on the floor
Live in the mud
There's no need to go higher
Once you taste a brick you won't want more
Saving sanity is no trick when your livin' outdoors

Well it did not take me long to realise my mistake
When garbage trucks messed up my dreams I knew my dreams were fake
Don't know how people gonna live like this
Pigeons might enjoy it but I can't live in this mess and I said

Live in the mud
Once you taste a brick you can't chew and talk
Saving sanity's a trick when your livin' in a room the size of a shoebox

So finally all the wires and plastic got to me
Ideas and realisations were passing right through me
I did not take a train a plane or bus with wings
Man wasn't meant to fly
Besides walking does the same thing: gets me outta here

Live in the mud
Oce you taste a brick you won't want more
Saving sanity is a trick when you livin' on someone elses floor

Hi, wazzup, how you doing, it's good to see ya
What's your name again, I can't remember
Times up gotta go
#DTWD
If you liked the Grand Canyon, I suggest you visit Bryce Canyon National Park or Zion National Park sometime. Both are absolutely stunning.