i feel like our band looks crappy becuase there is more than 1 guitar (we have 2)

is this just a thought i have or do other people get this feeling?

(all my favorite bands only have one guitar...that might be the prob)
it depends what you do with two guitars. if you both guitars are playing the same thing then that's really unnecessary but if you got like a rhythm guitar and lead/solo guitar then its all good.
Quote by R. Shackleford.
it depends what you do with two guitars. if you both guitars are playing the same thing then that's really unnecessary but if you got like a rhythm guitar and lead/solo guitar then its all good.

yeah he plays chords and melodic stuff and i solo
my band has 2, but i play rhythm and my friend plays lead so we're good.
actually played a short set tonight.
absolutely killed it (in a good way)
Then it's all good. My band was the same way, 2 guitars, I was the rhythm player and my buddy was lead. It works fine and looks fine.
2 guitars is perfect, especially if you have epic dueling solos, in which case you would want 3 guitars so one could play rhythm.
Fear the Evil Chainsaw Wielding Penguin...
i think soloing sounds a lot better too with a rhythm under it so ya, two guitars are great.
well, A LOT of bands have two guitars, and there's even this little band called IRON MAIDEN that has three guitars, and another one called METALLICA with two (though, sure, one of them is also the singer) but yeah, it doesn't really matter as long as you're both playing different stuff, the rythm & lead formula works great, and I agree with wtbasskill that it can be pretty good if you have little solo battles, and, no, you don't need three guitars for that, you can just exchange rythm and lead tasks as you both play your part of the "duel"
Gear:
Ibanez RG121
Ibanez GTA15R Amp
red Allegro nylon-strung acoustic of unkown model

Quote by Mechanix

We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

^
yeah.. i get it

this band at my school has 6...thats right 6 guitars

why on earth would you need that many?
There's this elementary school band cover of boulevard of broken dreams by green day that has like 10 guitars.
Fear the Evil Chainsaw Wielding Penguin...
Quote by wtbskill91
There's this elementary school band cover of boulevard of broken dreams by green day that has like 10 guitars.

hahaha seriously?

can i find that on youtube?>