All my English teachers have been pretty **** when it comes to writing (Most of them just made us spell words we already know) but now my teacher for this year is making us write a book review.

I have never done one before (Like I said they were pretty epic phail when it came to writing) so what should i do? I don't expect you to write the thing for me just give me a push in the right direction.

talk about what was good about the book and what was bad about the book? Go through some of the different features of the book and explain what worked well and what didn't and why:

Characterization
Plot
Language
Structure
Tone
Innovation
Allusion/intertextuality
etc.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
talk about what was good about the book and what was bad about the book? Go through some of the different features of the book and explain what worked well and what didn't and why:

Characterization
Plot
Language
Structure
Tone
Innovation
Allusion/intertextuality
etc.

you forgot about the most important thing. themes silly boy, THEMES.
How long is it supposed to be? I would suggest starting with a brief synopsis or something, then work in some insightful analysis regarding the text.
Well what i have done so far is started with a quote from the book and then talked about the author.

That took up a page.

Three - four pages talking about what worked in the book and describing the characters etc...

Ending is always hard for me
Quote by Final !mpact
Well what i have done so far is started with a quote from the book and then talked about the author.

That took up a page.

Three - four pages talking about what worked in the book and describing the characters etc...

Ending is always hard for me

Don't just spend time summarizing and describing, relate these details to exactly why parts of the book worked or not.