I mean to say this in the most non-confrontational way possible so...

Why the hell do you care?

I don't see how that information could be remotely helpful in any way. Even asking how different LFRs there are would be an equally difficult question to answer, but at least it would be interesting to know...
screw on for floyds/schallers
screw in for fender/old school trems
snap in for kahlers
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
i dont know dude...i have been looking for the same thing...as far as i know you have to go to a guitar tech and ask him to make yours shorter...sorry but i wanna know to haha
unlike T!AN, I'm going to try NOT being an ignorant bastard, and I'll try to answer your question, as this is why we even have forums to begin with.

As far as I know there are only 1 length, but I done see why you can't add on some more to the tip of the whammy bar with a soldering iron.
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” -Winston Churchill
what trem do you have?
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by Jimmer1720
unlike T!AN, I'm going to try NOT being an ignorant bastard, and I'll try to answer your question, as this is why we even have forums to begin with.

Jeez overreact much. I might have thought his question was pointless but I didn't attack him at all. Sorry for ruining your day.
I bought one today and it dos not fit my guitar, I was pissed. Honestly today is first time I have ever used one, I have been playing for about a year, I though I wouldnt need one, but it was cheap so I got it.
Last edited by Satchafunkilus at Jul 3, 2008,
Well, I do think there are. I've read in some websites that talk about floyd rose tremolos (specifically Ibanez tremolos) and it says (as I recall) that the tremolo bar on one specific model can't be used with another model.

I think it goes like that.
Quote by Satchafunkilus
I bought one today and it dos not fit my guitar, I was pissed. Honestly today is first time I have ever used one, I have been playing for about a year, I though I wouldnt need one, but it was cheap so I got it.

what trem is it?
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by Satchafunkilus

See now that I can be helpful with.

This may sound dumb, but it's happened on here before. Are you sure you're guitar has a tremolo? Because they usually come with the correct bar. What guitar do you have?
ask for an original Fender trem bar
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
a hack saw can make your trem bar any size you want. It's all personal preference... i use a shorter one that stock called a "64" from Callaham (but i have a callaham block)... theres also a very short one which is more a Gilmour style. <- fender strat options
What I play:
CustomShop '51 Nocaster Relic
'88 "C" neck Clapton Strat
'08 Strat HSH
Fender Princeton Recording Amp
Boss Micro-BR
^ Don't bother trying to modify the one you have now. Just take it back to the shop and ask for an exchange. They should give you the right one with no problems.
Quote by Satchafunkilus
Well that one I have actually looks to big for the "hole" it goes into

Go get some lube.

/lame
wait, are you talking about thread or physical length? cause the fender blocks are threaded different based on things like where it was made and which model trem it is
What I play:
CustomShop '51 Nocaster Relic
'88 "C" neck Clapton Strat
'08 Strat HSH
Fender Princeton Recording Amp
Boss Micro-BR
Quote by Satchafunkilus
I will need lots of lube lol. Oh and a pic of my guitar is above.

Yeah I saw it. Go to the guitar shop where you bought it, and take your guitar and the bar. I think you can ask them to change it for one that fits your guitar.
Im talking about thread, I bet if I would have said that earlier the problem might have been solved. Im an idiot
^ And I wouldn't have gotten my feelings hurt , lol...

But yeah, just do as Andrusho said and you should be fine.
Im sorry if your feelings got hurt, I am going to go back to guitar center tomorrow and talk to them about it.
Quote by Satchafunkilus
I appreciate all of your help.
You're welcome dude

Good luck with that.