Page 1 of 2
lets put your self in a scenario

say you are playing a gig

and a couple douches or a-holes or drunk people or whatever decide to boo you and laugh at you and all that

what would you do?

on top of the boo's you have people asking you to play free bird or stairway to heaven...if you say no then they start to boo too

i wouldnt leave the stage becuase then that means they win...
Say, hey I don't come to your job and knock the broom out of your hand right ?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Just say to the booers "HAHA! Your daddy beats you!"
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
Quote by Awaken

hahaha im definitely using that at some point in my life. thanks
Shove broken strings thorugh their nostrils/eyeholes.

Seriously though, just ignore it, if theyr'e drunk/trying to look cool, you can laugh about it later.
Quote by Awaken

i love that...i will use it one day haha

it will happen to us all one day...it even happened to hendrix
happened to me twice, we just had the sound guy turn us up to drown it out.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
happened to me twice, we just had the sound guy turn us up to drown it out.

that musta sucked though =/

turning it up is always good though =D

Quote by Wonthefu
I would say "what, you think that sucked? You haven't even heard this!" Then I'd get the band to crank their amps and just mash notes and scream.

haha that is good..i like that
Quote by amazing FretMan
that musta sucked though =/

turning it up is always good though =D

Meh, they where both poorly thought out gigs that matched us with the wrong type of band, the first time it was industrial band I was in opening for a couple of pop-punk bands, the second time it was a black metal band opening for a Dave Mathews type act, so pissing off the audience as much as possible was actually pretty fun.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Meh, they where both poorly thought out gigs that matched us with the wrong type of band, the first time it was industrial band I was in opening for a couple of pop-punk bands, the second time it was a black metal band opening for a Dave Mathews type act, so pissing off the audience as much as possible was actually pretty fun.

haha then i guess it was ok

i opened up for a band once and well everyone booed the main act becuase i guess they thought we were better
I would stop the show, and point at whoever is booing and ask them to come up on stage.

Then, I'd say

"Okay, here's my guitar. you get to finish the show"

And then, I would say,
NOT! [like Borat]

And push them off the stage.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Quote by Copius
W.W.A.D. (What would Axl do?)

Storm off stage halfway through the set and cancel the whole thing
if someone is booing me just to boo me i'd tell them thank you..... yes seriously

if someone asked for free bird and stairway, and i said no and they started booing then guess what..... they get free bird or stairway...... played through too much gain at light speed as metalled out as humanly possible with me screaming at the top of my lungs "AND THIS BIRD YOU CANNOT CHANGE B!TCH!!!!!!!!"
Quote by Awaken

The version I heard of that replaced "broom" with "dick" and "hand" with "mouth".
probably jump off stage and beat them until they could never boo again i have anger issues
Gear:
Dean From Hell
ESP EX-400
Peavey ValveKing 212
Boss-ME 20
Dunlop Crybaby

Bassist needed for metal band in Monroe Michigan area
I know it's not booing, but Josh Homme giving it to a guy who threw something at him during a show just about sums it up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71tCV3ItTr0

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Gargan
Getting stuff thrown at you must be the worst, especially if it connects

not really, I've been to a lot of punk shows where crap just gets thrown around for the hell of it, and something will usually hit the band members and no one really cares, you just keep playing, stopping to bitch at the audience is really lame and unprofessional.

Last.fm
"stop booing me, i'm scared of ghosts"

keep playing
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
I'd bring the guy who started boing and shove his head through the emergancy beating guitar.... or put his ear right next to the amp at full volume.
"oh i suck do i? well i can practice and get better but you're always gonna be an ugly bastard" *resume song*

and in my previous band the singer changed the lyrics to "killing in the name" to insult a guy heckling us,
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I'ld stop, tell the crowd to kick the **** out of the hecklers and start playing heavy moshing riffs so it all becomes a big moshpit. The crowd will love it and the hecklers will learn a lesson!
in that position i would say "hey **** bag, either you get the **** up here and play or shut the **** up" if he shuts up good, if he comes up wait for him to step up onto the stage then just push him off of it, his friends will then laugh at him and you win. if someone was screaming freebird i would burst into the solo for a minute then get back into the set. stairway just play the intro then get back to the set
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Quote by Awaken

A better variation of that is "hey, i don't come to the back alley and slap somones dick out of your mouth right?" i think Mark Lanegan said something like that.

My personal favourite is kinda similar "hey, shouldn't you be off sucking a **** somewhere right now?", just try and make the crowd hate the person.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
If I had a solid band here what I would. Since I play metal I would the hardest craziest song I had and tell the other band member to play/sing this song with as much intesity as you can and have volume cranked up loud. After that if they were still booing I would just be like glad to hear youre not joining us and finish the set.
Take a gun on stage and whoever boo's gets murdered.
Voodoo Fest 2008 <3

Quote by DieGarbageMan
SILENCE.

SURSKIT DECIDES YOUR GENDER NOW.
That´s when you pull a Sidvicious(?) and jump out to the croud and beat the crap outof them. Wish i had the guts to do it
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Page 1 of 2