Poll: Dave Mustaine
Poll Options
View poll results: Dave Mustaine
Shouldn't have been kicked out
5 18%
He is too good for Metallica
23 82%
Voters: 28.
wasnt sure if this deserved to be in the Metallica/Megadeth thread, but i digress,

Better off as his own band, or shouldnt have been kicked outta Metallica.
discuss.
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
Let's take it to the megadeth thread
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
coolness
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
dave mustaine is a really good guitarist and when he is doing one of his insane solos he is probably thinking "this is so much better than anything metallica can do,**** metallica"
I say it's for the best that they went their separate ways. Both bands came up with some amazing material and I think the personalities would have conflicted too much anyway
Sweeping is for n00bs. I've moved on to vacuuming. Eventually I'll even try steam cleaning.

Bitches don't know
He was good in Metallica, but he really is better off doing his own thing.

Thats all I'm saying.
Quote by mcrocks
I mean, some people still think that Rap is music, although that's been scientifically discredited.
dave mustaine is a really good guitarist and when he is doing one of his insane solos he is probably thinking "this is so much better than anything metallica can do,**** metallica"

i agree whit that, but kirk have some good solos 2.
im a metallica and megadeth fan
he is a poser...
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
I wouldnt say he is too good for metallica, but he is better off in megadeth than metallica. Megadeth is what he is.
I wouldn't choose either.

There should be a, "he deserved to be kicked out of Metallica, is better off in Megadeth, but still doesn't make very good music except a select few songs," option.
Quote by LucasGtrGod

There should be a, "he deserved to be kicked out of Metallica, is better off in Megadeth, but still doesn't make very good music except a select few songs," option.

If that option was in, I would have picked that.
Didn't vote for either because he's not too got for metallica, but he should have been kicked out (even he said that). He's a good guitarist though
Quote by LucasGtrGod

this +1
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

I think most of us know that if Dave was not kicked from Metallica when he was, then we probably wouldn't have Megadeth today. So yes, Dave is way too good for Metallica. Yes, Megadeth did Risk, but they didn't do Load, Re-load, or St. Anger.
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!
I'll give you load, but ReLoad and St. Anger are decent albums.

In my opinion, of the same quality of Megadeth's best stuff.

I'm not a Metallica fanboy either, just a musician and a music lover.
Quote by LucasGtrGod
I'll give you load, but ReLoad and St. Anger are decent albums.

In my opinion, of the same quality of Megadeth's best stuff.

I'm not a Metallica fanboy either, just a musician and a music lover.

You appear to be contradicting yourself, would you like some help?
Last edited by Magero at Jul 3, 2008,
Quote by Magero

You appear to be contradicting yourself, would you like some help?

Haha, fair enough.

I will rephrase.

ReLoad was a decent (even good) album.

St. Anger was an album that had brilliant moments, but overall was dulled by some absolute tripe. But overall I would prefer to listen to the entirety of that horribly underproduced overinflated and intensely tactless album than listen to 99% of Megadeth's back catalogue.
I'd hope to die in Spain someday too...

No disrespect meant either, just listing preferences,

I'm no Laeth.
Touché.
I'm of the belief that St. Anger would have been much better if the entire album was made of the "video edits" of each song.
You know, the ones that cut the songs down to about 4/5 minutes.
Quote by LucasGtrGod

+1

Agreed. I would have kicked him out too. Like it was mentioned, he even thinks so. He was a drug addict, alcoholic, and a complete asshole.

He "cleaned up", but he's still a dick even now.

Good musician, but they're better separated.

EDIT: And you can't say he was above what Metallica did with the therapy in St. Anger, considering he cried and got all emotional just the same. Except, unlike Metallica, bitched out and tried to change his mind about it being in the DVD where everyone could see.
Last edited by Delanoir at Jul 3, 2008,
Quote by Magero
Touché.
I'm of the belief that St. Anger would have been much better if the entire album was made of the "video edits" of each song.
You know, the ones that cut the songs down to about 4/5 minutes.

True.

Also seeing as most of the songs on that album are quite interchangeable they could have taken the best bits from each one and made 4 or 5 very good songs.

To be honest one of my favourite moments from any Metallica album is on St. anger, and probably what I consider the worst song to be.

The part from Sweet Amber, where he says, "she holds the pen that spells the end, traces me and draws me in."

But like with the rest of that album it is repeated until you want to kill it.

EDIT: And I might have been able to respect Mustaine for his instrumental skills if he didn't suffer from the A7X virus.

Losing all respect by being a begrudging, self indulgent, megalomaniacal dick.
Last edited by LucasGtrGod at Jul 3, 2008,
1. It's Sweet Amber
2. Most of The Unnamed Feeling really speaks to me for some reason.
3. Mustaine has become so much better lately, seriously, no one believes me, but I've seen Megadeth live twice now and both times he's been nothing but a kind guy on stage and in all the recent interviews he's been just another "dude".
1. ah Sweet, time to go edit the first post.

2. Agreed.

3. Hmm, maybe I just don't like him. Even the recent interviews that I have seen with him, while nowhere near as bad as he once was, he still seems highly self indulgent and as though he has a very high sense of himself.
Urgh, yeah.

Cryptopsy have now sunk to belittling and mocking their fans before shows.

Sad, so sad.
Quote by Magero
1. It's Sweet Amber
2. Most of The Unnamed Feeling really speaks to me for some reason.
3. Mustaine has become so much better lately, seriously, no one believes me, but I've seen Megadeth live twice now and both times he's been nothing but a kind guy on stage and in all the recent interviews he's been just another "dude".

I love both those songs. The line that Lucas mentioned, and The Unnamed Feeling, are both great.

You can which lyrics are James, and which ones (*gag*) are other peoples ideas. Especially after watching Some Kind of Monster. [F*cking Bob Rock]

But getting back to Mustaine, I'm not so sure, sadly.

From what I've heard, he puts up a good front for the camera and big audiences, but is still a huge jerk in reality. Apparently, with Gigantour, High on Fire was basically paying him to play.
Dave not being in Metallica means we have Megadeth...

Awesome bands just increased in number... everybody wins!