minus the drum intro, i like it...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
I really liked this. And I thought the drum intro was perfect. It goes along with the happy upbeat theme of the song. Your picking style is also very pleasing to the ear.
I liked the dirty tone. Did you use a fuzz pedal?

Wadester

Check out my profile if you get a chance
Quote by wadester
I liked the dirty tone. Did you use a fuzz pedal?

Actually, that's all recorded directly into the PC using a TonePort UX2. Love that thing!

Thanks for the feedback! I'm checking out your profile now.
Oh! You're learning Cubase too! Yeah, it's quite a beast, eh? I'm still learning the basics. I like your style and your tone! What your rig like? When I'm not recording (and sometimes when I am), I play through a Line 6 Variax into a Pod XT Live, either run to a Crate PowerBlock or through the house.

I recorded this track on the UX2, playing a $40 Sebring "Blade" strat copy, and a $15 "Session" brand bass. The drums are all EZDrummer.

Oh, and nice dog!
Quote by hexapus
Oh! You're learning Cubase too! Yeah, it's quite a beast, eh? I'm still learning the basics. I like your style and your tone! What your rig like? When I'm not recording (and sometimes when I am), I play through a Line 6 Variax into a Pod XT Live, either run to a Crate PowerBlock or through the house.

I recorded this track on the UX2, playing a $40 Sebring "Blade" strat copy, and a $15 "Session" brand bass. The drums are all EZDrummer.

Oh, and nice dog!

Yeah Cubase is great. I actually use 2 different amps, one Johnson JT-50 running through a Marshall 1960AX cab wired at 4ohms, and a very small Crate I bought at the thrift store around the corner for $30. When I run the crate through the cab it sounds pretty awesome. I also use Amplitube plugins from time to time if I can't find the tone I'm looking for. But I find micing my amp does a better job. I almost bought a UX2 2 months ago, but the damn store didn't have it in stock so I opted to forget about it for a while. I hear that you can't get around using thier software with it too. So that's kind of a bummer.

My dog Fred say "thanks"

Nice playing man.
Quote by wadester
I hear that you can't get around using thier software with it too. So that's kind of a bummer.

Unfortunately, that's true. They just released 64bit drivers for their stuff, which is nice...but you are stuck with what they give you. Thankfully, what they give you is really pretty nice. I'd really like to get into recording on linux, and sadly the Line6 doesn't play nice with that at ALL...so I dunno, kinda stuck there. I like their tone though, so I suppose I'll have a dual boot system in my future for a good while.