Page 1 of 2
Finally I'm finished with my song Jason.
It's a tribute to Jason Becker. Here is the video to/for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW5e3O11s9w

It's some parts shred (near the end mostly) but most parts I try to play with the feelings I enjoy and have about Becker. Whole vid is actually first take, which is quite unusual for me.. I usually do mistakes first take but yea there it is.

I really hope you enjoy watching it as I enjoyed making it.. took me like 80h+ to finish this! :S

Thanks. All feedback is welcome very much.
that was one awesome ass recording son...........you are talented beyond your ages.....keep up the awesome work
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
That was really good...
Damn a tab of that would be a good goal to work towards!
Keep it up!
Gear:
ESP LTD EC1000
Douglas Spad (Alder) [ custom wired with EMG and Passives ] : Kramer Striker FR424SM
Line 6 POD X3Live : Digitech Rp80 : Tascam US144
Kustom Sound (crappy ass) solid state amp
Old Steel String Acoustic (some local company)
Quote by Kramer1309
That was really good...
Damn a tab of that would be a good goal to work towards!
Keep it up!

I have it tabbed. I could upload it tomorrow?

Thanks for the kind comments!
wicked
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
sure .. that would be awesome..
Thanks...
Btw an mp3 of that would be in heavy circulation if you put it up
Gear:
ESP LTD EC1000
Douglas Spad (Alder) [ custom wired with EMG and Passives ] : Kramer Striker FR424SM
Beautiful work there, Jason Becker is truly a better influence than Malmsteen =p
Quote by Echoplex
Mature pit regulars? Are you retarded?

I am a proud Zune 120 owner
Quote by Kramer1309
sure .. that would be awesome..
Thanks...
Btw an mp3 of that would be in heavy circulation if you put it up

Do you mean a backingtrack or the song itself?

And I appreciate all your kind comments so bloody much; I haven't slept for 48 hours...
Last edited by Braincheese at Jul 3, 2008,
the whole song - alot of my friends are into this kinda stuff, and your recording quality is really awesome.... what did you use?
Gear:
ESP LTD EC1000
God DAMN man that was great. Especially for a first take, with no noticable major mistakes.

Great homage to one of the best shred guitarists ever. I agree with whoever said that an mp3 would be awesome. I would listen to this more than a few times.

Can you crit me? The song Bitches Don't Know in my sig would be ideal.
impressive man, very impressive, im not totally one for the sweeping and shredding like that but it was very Pink Floydish, i could tell by ur expression the amount of soul u put into that one
Thanks! I'll upload an mp3 in the weekend and then the tab tomorrow.

Thanks alot guys your comments really warm.
Funny, some people told me I sound just like Gilmour (which I never thought I did). :P
Quote by James_Het_Rules
Fred i have been looking forward to this very moment for a long while now. The intro is great, and the first solo has jason's tone almost, wonderful lead work. The backing instruments are almost perfectly mixed with the drums and guitar, and there are parts that are very reminiscent of jason's work, you my friend are a god, and have progressed far beyond many of the levels of playing here at UG including my own. The tone during the sweeping was absolutely stunning, and i was very pleased with the recording, as i'm sure jason would be also, epic work on that Fred.

Crit: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=898568

though in comparison to what you have here this will be nothing lol. You are a soloing genius

Wow thanks alot man! Those words were.. wowch! Thanks thanks!!

I'll crit your song tomorrow I promise! =)
Thanks alot guys!
I used a digital camera that my mom owns (can't afford one myself) and a Zoom GFX-3 from Thailand that I bought for about 100$. The bass is actually an original from 1969 that my dad owns.

DS. I'll finish the tab today (I hope) if anyone was interested..
off to eat potatoes and meat now!

Oh yea, I got PR sponsored by the Jason Becker Charity Project when I uploaded the song!
Can be found here:
www.myspace.com/roncoolen

Thanks again!
Last edited by Braincheese at Jul 4, 2008,
Wow James lol thanks I don't think I deserve all those warm and nice words! =)
Thanks for the support everyone!

I didn't finish the tab.. was playing Technical Difficulties by Paul Gilbert abit too much. really hard song..
Quote by beadhangingOne
Brilliant. It could have been composed by Jason himself. Excellent chops man. Not a single bum note.

Thanks alot!
Bad weather here today so I'll try to fix the mp3 and the tabs ..
And oh yea, I got another mail from Jason Becker yesterday.

Thanks again, every single word warms my heart!
ok, this is where i'll tell you how awesome you are....you're awesome. that part's over.

the first thing i noticed was the verry unusual intro vibe for a shreddy song. very italian gondola ect. guitar playing is very good, and very fluid. tastefully done good sir.

your facial expressions were pretty funny/awesome throughout. reminded me of vai. btw, why do all you reall small people turn out ot be good at shredding...i'm 6'6" ...and jealous of your shredding skills. haha.

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=15109868#post15109868
Too cool for a signature.
Quote by chrisatgrace
ok, this is where i'll tell you how awesome you are....you're awesome. that part's over.

the first thing i noticed was the verry unusual intro vibe for a shreddy song. very italian gondola ect. guitar playing is very good, and very fluid. tastefully done good sir.

your facial expressions were pretty funny/awesome throughout. reminded me of vai. btw, why do all you reall small people turn out ot be good at shredding...i'm 6'6" ...and jealous of your shredding skills. haha.

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=15109868#post15109868

Haha, yea guess I did some funny facial expressions..
Thanks alot!

But I don't think I'm that good of a shredder.. so rly don't know about small people and shredding.. :P
I'll check your song out now.
well on UG it seems to be the smaller ones who make amazing guitar rampages
Too cool for a signature.
Quote by chrisatgrace
well on UG it seems to be the smaller ones who make amazing guitar rampages

Haha ok.
that was pretty sick dude. I wasn't expecting that at all and you have some definite chops. keep up the good work. i liked the emotion you put into your playing, it was very present. the sweeps were really clean. thanks for the crit on my thread . i enjoyed hearing your recording.
Dude...****ing amazing.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
Thanks alot guys for all the support.

This song might (!) be heading for a tribute CD for Jason Becker with other guitarists such as Joe Becker, Bumblefoot and Kee Marcello.

It's now been sent to notonlybutalso for a final mix and mastering for the .mp3.
I'll post it here as soon he finishes it.

Thanks again for all the support!!
I'm not into shred stuff very much, but that was great. I really liked the slower parts, very Pink Floyd-ish. Backing track, playing, phrasing, all very good. Keep it up man
Quote by Braincheese
I haven't slept for 48 hours...

haha in the vid you actually look like it

but really... amazing
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
Fantastic job of mixing shred with minor blues. Awesome job. You will be great one day. I have only been playing guitar for 2 and half years, and hope that I can sweep like that soon. ( I can only do 4 string sweeps fluidly ) Great job again man.
Fender American Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Standard
79 Gibson Les Paul Custom
Suhr Pro Series S5
Ovation Custom Balladeer
Mesa Boogie Mark IV with 4x12 Recto Cab
Looking for Ibanez RGA model or Petrucci PM me for details
Quote by mlkIII
Fantastic job of mixing shred with minor blues. Awesome job. You will be great one day. I have only been playing guitar for 2 and half years, and hope that I can sweep like that soon. ( I can only do 4 string sweeps fluidly ) Great job again man.

Thanks man! =)
I'm going for some kind of classical/blues thing; not really neoclassical.. more blues+Beethoven than Bach+shred.

We've almost been playing the same amount of time then! =)
Thanks again guys.
Underbart! Bra att du visar att även vi svenskar kan spela gitarr! Allting är perfekt... jävligt bra teknik, men också mycket känsla i det! Det är inte många som lyckas med det! Även om jag är bekant med Jasons musik har jag väl tyvärr inte lyssnat så mkt på den än, men det här ger mig verkligen lust att beställa någon av hans skivor, och framför allt öva mer! Se till att Becker får höra det här... jag lovar, han skulle bli överlycklig! Helt enkelt perfekt!

Critta min? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=911381
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
That was a very well written piece.

Very good recording too!

Crit mine? Its a new jam i did today "A Jam"

its in my profile

its not as clean as yours though
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Gosh man, the sound was so unique bro, Definetely very awesome...Nice use of harmonics too. This was perfect man
Thanks guys, and Joey. He heard it and he liked it, he actually sent me 2 mails about it.

Can be found in the profile @ youtube.

Thanks for all sweet support! =)
Quote by evhaustin5150
can i ask what your playing thru and the pickups?

Stock pickups. Thinking about buying something better though..

And a Zoom GFX-3 preamp. Don't know anything about it really. =)
Thanks for taking interest!!
Sorry to come off as a prick but do you have the tab?

I read that the mp3 would be up soon...

awesome song - nice fluid movements without making it too muddy...
Gear:
ESP LTD EC1000
Page 1 of 2