The club of which amp should I buy. Anyway I play mainly older 70s stuff from sabbath, to jazz fusion, to blues, right the way upto megadeth. Now I need something which can get those great vintage slightly distorted sounds, with reasonable cleans with guitar volume rolled off, and nice distortion for heavier stuff such as megadeth. So that when I play you get that great big thud in your chest. I can only really buy a combo, or 2X12 head, both will almost certainly eventually be fitted with EVM12Ls speakers. Originally I was looking at plexi cause they sound georgous on youtube clips, but again like most things where I live they are very hard to try and find in person. But I dont know if they will have enough gain. So then I moved onto a 800s, specifically the 2203, but from SOME of the youtube clips it doesnt sound as organic as the plexi. Then theres always things like the laney AOR pro tube, the ENGL blackmore, and anything else you guys could suggest. Also what about a trainwreck express clone? Although I cant find any clips on youtube of it doing heavier stuff, if someone does please enlighten me

Anyway Ive checked out ceriatone they seemed pretty cool. But Im still unsure.

Thanks guys. Like I said suggestions would be great. And also I live in the UK
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
what ever I would rather save and get something great, and not be unhappy in like another year. I suppose the 2204 is the favourite at the moment
wow just came across some orange rockverb 50 samples. They sound incredible!!
Quote by Varkunus
wow just came across some orange rockverb 50 samples. They sound incredible!!

essentially an old marshall with an aweosme clean channel!

I'm going to have to say you should get one of those randall module things.
You can get a superlead preamp, a blackface preamp, and then a high gain preamp.
Covers everything you need.
I would go the egnater stuff though, sounds better than randall modules, and is more versatile, and i think they might actually be footswitchable.
cant remember, but either way, that would get you a LOT of versatility.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
the rockverb 50 sounds pretty darn versatile. Pretty sure thats what I want. But I heard bad reviews about reliability overall with orange amps
Quote by Varkunus
the rockverb 50 sounds pretty darn versatile. Pretty sure thats what I want. But I heard bad reviews about reliability overall with orange amps

nah, they're just as reliable as any other brand.
I think the rockerverbs are made in England too.
THINK anyway.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
and your guys oppinions on them? And faults etc
rockerverbs are pretty nice. only concern is they may be a little to warm/unique-sounding for megadeth, but it's bound to be worth a try.

otherwise, engl blackmore, laney tt combo, koch twintone etc. are always worth a try too.

i haven't tried a tranwreck (or a clone). they have a great rep, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
rockerverbs are pretty nice. only concern is they may be a little to warm/unique-sounding for megadeth, but it's bound to be worth a try.

otherwise, engl blackmore, laney tt combo, koch twintone etc. are always worth a try too.

i haven't tried a tranwreck (or a clone). they have a great rep, though.

If it doesn't sound right for Megadeth, add a pedal.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
i guess an eq pedal wouldn't hurt.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well it seems to be getting than big low end sound I want. Im not in a megadeth tribute band, but just love that deep sound like in symphony and destruction when playing heavy stuff. But it looks pretty darn awsome. And the train wreck is supposidly OK for metal leads, but not good for rhythm. What about other downsides of the rockverb 50s.

Dace MC you used to have an orange but sold it due to reliability problems didnt you? And then brought the blackmore?

Also everyones saying its pretty heavy, on a website it comes out at 20 kg, my amp weigh more than that (DSL401) and its only got one speaker. Could this be wrong? If not how much does it actually weight? And is it still managable by using a small peugot 306 hatchback to transport to jamming etc. I could put it on casters or w/e
i think that was dave doom (maybe).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Varkunus
well it seems to be getting than big low end sound I want. Im not in a megadeth tribute band, but just love that deep sound like in symphony and destruction when playing heavy stuff. But it looks pretty darn awsome. And the train wreck is supposidly OK for metal leads, but not good for rhythm. What about other downsides of the rockverb 50s.

Dace MC you used to have an orange but sold it due to reliability problems didnt you? And then brought the blackmore?

Also everyones saying its pretty heavy, on a website it comes out at 20 kg, my amp weigh more than that (DSL401) and its only got one speaker. Could this be wrong? If not how much does it actually weight? And is it still managable by using a small peugot 306 hatchback to transport to jamming etc. I could put it on casters or w/e

Boy.
A DSL 401 is as unreliable as they come.
If you werent worried about that thing, no way would i worry about an orange.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
dsl401s are better than people give them credit, just not up there with the big boys.
Quote by Varkunus
dsl401s are better than people give them credit, just not up there with the big boys.

No they arent.
For half the cost, my traynor is way better.
I used to own a DSL 401.
Do Not Want.
More mud than a kentucky swamp.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
some sort of marshall, its the best thing for you. as for your megadeth tone, i would put a tubescreamer infront of it and it would get the tone. acutally the marshall dsl or tsl 50 or 60
watt would be the best for you :P
Quote by convictionless
some sort of marshall, its the best thing for you. as for your megadeth tone, i would put a tubescreamer infront of it and it would get the tone. acutally the marshall dsl or tsl 50 or 60
watt would be the best for you :P

No.
Leave.

the JCM 2000 series just arent comparable with orange tube amps.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
right well enough slagging off my DSL. It gets the job done, just not very well. But atleast there an orange light at the end of the tunnel!!!! Still cant decide between head and combo
Well since you're only 15 and on a budget, I'd say combo, it's almost half the price!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
not quite half. But combo is £1135 from GAK and head is £999 + CAB at £379. Is there any difference tonally? And does the combo have a speaker line out so I could plug into an external cab
As we all hae said, tonal difference is minimal. Maybe you can hear a bit difference, but more or less, it's no difference and that little difference can often be adjusted with fiddling a bit with the EQ.

Yes the combo has speaker outputs, same as the head:
1x 16Ω
2x 8Ω

This means that you can run the amp like this:
Inbuilt combo speakers-> 16Ω
16Ω extension cab only-> 16Ω
Combo speakers and 16Ω extension cab-> Both 8Ω inputs
Two 16Ω extension cabs (no combo speakers)-> Both 8Ω inputs
One 8Ω extension cab only-> One 8Ω input
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

so combo seems a better option. Im still not sure about this tonal difference, you are saying theres none, or very litte. Others are saying bigger amount of difference.

Anywya just been talking to someone who knows my style well said get the combo and stick EVM speakers in
^Well some people overstate the difference, yes there's a difference, but it's very small. You might be able to tell them apart if you A/B them, but it's still very subtle. It's not like the combo is a completely different amp or so!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

how much can you stretch to, realisitically? i mean, if you're up at the price of a rockerverb, you aren't a million miles away from some very serious options, which may be more versatile than an orange (they won't sound like an orange, though, if that's what you want).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?