Alright, so I have decided to break down and get an Ibanez. I'm looking for one with a locking trem and HSH configuration. 24 frets would be very nice too. I will probably be using it for metal mostly. Hard Rock as well. Which Ibanez would fit me nicely?
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
S Series. They are lightweight and the ZR trems are AMAZING... way better than Floyds IMO.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
RG350DX is what I have and I love it.

In any case, you're definitely gonna wanna go with an RG.

---------------------------
My Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Ibanez SM7 Smash Box
Dunlop Crybaby Original Wah
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.
dang I knew I forgot something
probably 500 dollars top.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
350's are only 400-450

My Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Ibanez SM7 Smash Box
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

any ibanez is for you as long as it's purchased from SAMASH "the musical instrument megastore" visit us online at samash.com or call 1-800-4-SAMASH for a store location near you!
thats a nice guitar, but I don't like the pickguard
Quote by barden1069
also, if you're gonna buy online, do it thru zzounds.com, not musiciansfriend. zZounds has a better selection and better service in my opinion

My Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Ibanez SM7 Smash Box
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

Advertising FTL

Anyway, you can snag a used Japanese RG570 for ~$500.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by OThugSd
S Series. They are lightweight and the ZR trems are AMAZING... way better than Floyds IMO.

I've got some serious GAS for a black S420 right now. How are the pickups on the S series?

Quote by Black_Fender

not nescisarily..plent of hard rock and metal bands use the S series and IMO when it comes down to it the S420 is so much better than the RG350DX

S470 RG350DX

mahogany > basswood
ZR > Edge 3
Wizard 2 <> Wizard 2
INF p-ups <> INF p-ups

Quote by osiris8
I've got some serious GAS for a black S470 right now. How are the pickups on the S series?

excactly the same as on the RG.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Quote by Black_Fender

+1 for the RG350DX, Ones being sold in the music shop near me for £100 as it has la huge chunk missng from the side... Tempted to buy it to be honest
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
Quote by bodomfan666
not nescisarily..plent of hard rock and metal bands use the S series and IMO when it comes down to it the S420 is so much better than the RG350DX

S470 RG350DX

mahogany > basswood
ZR > Edge 3
Wizard 2 <> Wizard 2
INF p-ups <> INF p-ups

excactly the same as on the RG.

Yeah but the rg has 24 frets which is importat to some people. also i think mahogany doesnt really make such a difference when the body is twice as thin anyways.

im really digging the s series as well though....
Also, would just like to throw in... there are many models of INF pickups. For example, the INF1 & INF2 pickup set are considered top of the line INF's on the RG series, while the INF3 and INF4 are considered mid range.
Quote by no_thing101
Yeah but the rg has 24 frets which is importat to some people. also i think mahogany doesnt really make such a difference when the body is twice as thin anyways.

im really digging the s series as well though....

mahogany doesnt have to be big and heavy to have mahogany tone. if they were going to take that attitude, 'becuase its thin the tone of the wood doesnt come through', then they might aswell make the S series out of reinforced cardboard and plywood.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

look at my sig.
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
Quote by marshmellow666
any ibanez is for you as long as it's purchased from SAMASH "the musical instrument megastore" visit us online at samash.com or call 1-800-4-SAMASH for a store location near you!

wtf
Quote by Seef
wtf

he was advertising lol.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE