Im curious to know if my guitaring is at a good level for 4 years of good solid playing.

i practice as much as i can and have 2 guitar teachers. (one is classical/theory and the other is a jam teacher)

Please have a look at my youtube clips and tell me if im doing alright.

I've just recently learnt the glass prison (dream theater) arpeggios and can only just play them in time, but not super clean.

thoughts?

Edit: i am referring to guitarists that have play for over 5 years if possible.
post specific songs....but ill check it out
incubus rocks my world
I'm on dial-up so I couldn't look at too much, but for what I was patient enough to wait for, I was really impressed. If I'm that good when I've been playing for four years I'll be happy.

Here's the link for those to lazy to copy and paste... youtube.com/spanman
Aha! I just checked out yr youtube, i have actually seen your videos before! I was watching yr nightrain cover a few months back.

I think yr a decent player
i was fairly impessed. i like your taste in music. anyone who likes the human abstract gets respect from me. ive been playing guitar for about 3 years now, and i play lead guitar in my band, so if you want to hear me, listen to me band. its all instrumental right now. listen to the 2nd song first, it has a solo. www.myspace.com/oblivionrisingmetal .
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
well you're better than me if it means anything to you. i would redo your bloodmeat cover cause i can tell you are well able cover the song much better than the video shows.
Quote by tona_107
well you're better than me if it means anything to you. i would redo your bloodmeat cover cause i can tell you are well able cover the song much better than the video shows.

yeah cbf man that song got boring fast anyway.
I'm not too sure on where you should be in 4 years of playing, I'd say that your tone's pretty good, you need to work on your lead work a little bit though, there are a few parts in your MoP cover where I could hear you didn't dampen the strings properly, but your improvising is pretty good, but towards the end of the improvising before Kirk's solo, it starts to sound a bit dull and out of place but the rest of the improvising was good.

As for your second solo, you played the lick way out of time and several bits of the solo were also out of time, but overall, it was pretty clean.

For four years, in my opinion, you should have your timing down properly instead of going all over the place.
Why do people always post these topics? Why don't you just ask your guitar teacher.

The only reason for these threads is:

A) you know you are good and want to brag
B) they suck but want someone to tell them they are good
^Actually this seems to be one of those rare occasions where the OP is actually looking for legitimate criticism. You can usually tell when someone is just looking for an ego boost and this guy doesn't seem the type.