What's the difference beetween a licensed and an original floyd? Is the licensed one good or bad?
I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had...
Most licensed floyds are crap. There are a few exceptions though. Gotoh, Schaller, Ibanez (edge), jackson (jt-6 and jt-590), and kahler (spyder and steeler) all make great licensed floyds. What sets apart a good floyd from a bad one is the materials used in construction.

A good floyd will have:
solid steel/brass knife edge
steel/brass base plate
non-cast saddles of steel/brass
heavy sustain block made of brass

A bad floyd will be constructed mainly of low-quality cast metals.

With floyds, you get what you pay for. Expect to pay ~$150 for a decent quality floyd.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
OFR = the best .

LFR = depends on the brand/maker, alot of 'em are cheap and make 'em out of pot metal - instead of the hard metals used in schaller/gotoh LFR's & OFR's, which are strong and do not deteriorate/fall apart quickly.

semi-short answer: with an OFR you're pretty much guaranteed quality, some LFR's are pretty good as well tho...
Quote by DiMeTiMe
OFR = the best .

LFR = depends on the brand/maker, alot of 'em are cheap and make 'em out of pot metal - instead of the hard metals used in schaller/gotoh LFR's & OFR's, which are strong and do not deteriorate/fall apart quickly.

semi-short answer: with an OFR you're pretty much guaranteed quality, some LFR's are pretty good as well tho...

This
All it means is that someone licensed the design from Floyd Rose. It usually is done, to make lower quality versions, but that isn't a guarantee. The Vigier one is a licensed version, but it is specifically designed by Vigier to fit their design rather than just popping in an OFR. It isn't really that cut and dry that OFR = good and LFR = almost as good to bad.
The murky world that is cheap tremolos is the reason why, if I'm buying a cheap-ish guitar (£300 and under), I would just stick to solid bridges. You can't go wrong with a solid bridge. OK yeah you can't do trem stuff, dives etc. But then, you technically can't on a lot of these licenced cheap trems anyway, because as soon as you do, it goes way out of tune. I have a mate with one of the lower end (not the lowest, mind) Ibanez RGs, and he can't touch his trem at all. So his trem just basically sits there. Like one of the guys above says, if you're going to get a trem, pay good money and get a decent one. Most of the cheap ones are just a waste of time.
I think that a schaller floyd rose is better than the original one.
I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had...