that was pretty awesome. i especially like bars 19 and 20. the intro is a little strange. you should check out my band at our myspace. www.myspace.com/obilvionrisingmetal . you can check out the guitar pro to one of our songs, too. the first song i ever wrote. http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/m/misc_unsigned_bands/valor_-_grafitti_in_the_sky_guitar_pro.htm#comments
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
Hey, Lion. I think the song's pretty cool. Definitely have some cool riff patterns in there.

My one quarrel with it is that it's pretty cliche in the terms of metal. Very kinda typical riff-patterns and drum licks. Not too bad, though. Still works and sounds pretty good.

As for the intro, I personally am not a fan of the whole "climb the scales with open 6th string rooting" thing. I think if you maybe changed up the climb to maybe descend on a few notes in the intro (and maybe even in other parts of the song, to change it up a bit--make it original)

Oh, and also for the intro. Keep in mind that there is a difference between harmonizing a riff, and just giving the "harmony" the higher note of the power-chord. Helps to make it sound more flowly and rhythmic, not just like there's one guitar playing a power-chord, instead of two playing harmonies.

Didn't mean to kinda "bash" the song, because I'm not. I like it, just try to maybe make it a little bit more original, man?

I'd say 7.5/10 so far.
Last edited by TwistedVince at Jul 3, 2008,
Sounds quite a bit better, man. Definitely getting it up towards the Metal19.gp5 file that you'd posted. That one's pretty up there, though. Some really heavy riff patterns in there, and they sound sweet. I think the only thing I don't like in the song now, is the open 0's and slide down from 7 break.

The intro sounds infinitely better now, too. Definitely made an improvement by throwing some differences into the lick. Did a better job harmonizing, too.. even though you're still TECHNICALLY harmonizing via power-chords, but it at least sounds better to not literally make it sound like one guitar's playing the riff.

I wouldn't say to change it, though. It's your song, and plenty of people like that sort of thing. Just not my cup of tea, as they say.

Keep going with the idea though, man. 8/10, now.
Last edited by TwistedVince at Jul 4, 2008,