anybodyy played one of these babies? ive checked out some videos on youtube, they sound pretty sick...anybody own one or played one?
instruments:
B.C Rich Warlock-Body Art Collection-June 2003
Ibanez SZ520QM
Epiphone PR-100 Acoustic
Squire Strat (way sweeter than it sounds)
Gear:
Line 6 Spider 3 HD75
Peavey Mark III Head
Peavey 1x15 Cabinet
Ummm, I've played one... What's your question?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
how did you like it? how was the response? whats your favorite thing about it?

basically your opinion on the amp
instruments:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Epiphone PR-100 Acoustic
Gear:
Line 6 Spider 3 HD75
Peavey Mark III Head
Peavey 1x15 Cabinet
metal.

do you love the sht out of that amp or what?
instruments:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Epiphone PR-100 Acoustic
Gear:
Line 6 Spider 3 HD75
Peavey Mark III Head
Peavey 1x15 Cabinet
^ what kind of cab is that through? and what's the EQ?
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Quote by codyshredfoo
anybodyy played one of these babies? ive checked out some videos on youtube, they sound pretty sick...anybody own one or played one?

they are good have enough chug very much like a dual recto but better. bit buzzy and not as much gain as uberschall or 6505 but thats too much anyway, and the recto sound for me is getting old hence why im selling mine.
Quote by forsaknazrael
^You should consider a tube change..I hear KT77's are a nice change up for these amps.

i tried some jjs but the amp is still voiced ala recto, great features on the thing tho
^^weird mine is defiantely recto esque

ll i need to sell it now anyway and im not putting new tubes for someone elses enjoyment
If you keep the presence knobs on 0 and use the bright and high controls in place of the presense there isn't too much fizz at all. I usually play mine in my bedroom with the master volume on 3, channel volume on a little past 1 with the drive at 10 for channel one, 3-5 for channel 2 and my clean channel has the volume about half way up without much drive at all and I didn't get very much fizz at all with the stock EL34s.

Of course, after I swapped them for 6L6s the difference was awesome, I love the smooth chunky gain I get now it's especially suited for anything brutal but I haven't found a sound that it doesn't do well.
Guitars:
Carvin DC145
Epiphone Explorer with Seymour Duncan JB and '59
Ibanez RGT42FXQM with Dimarzio Evo 2 and PAF Joe
Amp:
Carvin V3 2x12 combo with JJ 6L6GC tubes

Bass:
Ibanez SR300IPT
Amp:
Carvin BX600 2x10 half stack
Quote by suprfly
I guess like what tuwyci was referring to. I personally haven't tried one of these (I'm not gonna drive across country to go to the Carvin store to play one )
I've just read a lot that V3's tend to be fizzy/buzzy sounding. I was actually considering getting one for a second amp and putting in some Winged "C" 6L6's, but I dunno. . .

Not really, I mean, there's a bit of high gain fizz, if you the gain turned up. But that's with the stock tubes. They're Groove Tubes, which are by no means good tubes, IMO.
Replacing the preamp with Tung-Sols, with maybe a Shugang 9th Gen 12AX7 in V2 (or which one is for the drive channels) would do wonders. My co-guitarist is reluctant to do so, because he doesn't have the cash right now, and he wants to buy an Orange Rockerverb anyway.

I'm going to go buy the new Final Fantasy 4 when it comes out. Kaine Highwind ftw!

Yeah, I'm almost positive that said "fizz" is just because of crappy tubes.
If you go to my profile, you can hear the V3 with the Groove tube EL34's. Well, partly, I'm doubling up on it, with I think, my modded Valve Junior. Check the track "Rush".
^Yeah, it's completely remade. new engine. It's in 3D. (not the FMV videos, I mean, walking around, talking to people, it's in 3D!)

Anywaaaay.
My band should be doing some more recording soon, and I'd like to check out my e609 mic..So we may be doing some better quality recordings. That Rush one sounds decent. The lead at the end is the V3, too.
Because I had originally planned to get a Mesa F-50 but people say it also lacks the "chug."
Thanks for the info ill try to ask some people who use 6l6's. If not Ill probably just save up for a used rectifier.
Quote by suprfly
Are These things "fizzy" sounding?

Im the co-guitarist of forsaknazrael, and yes, it does get a little fizzy, but i dialed it out. I play hard rock, and i nail that Maylene and the Sons of Disaster tone. I really like the amp, but i will be selling it soon to get a rockerverb 50.

I keep the presence up, and the mids at almost 10. The treble at 7-8, and the bass at about 5-6
Quote by forsaknazrael
^Do you agree with me about the ability to get teh brootz and "whom"?

It gets a good chug, i love the amp. I guess it doesnt get as brootal or whatever as the 6505 or other metal amps.

I must say though, i really dont like it when this is being compared to the sound of other amps. If you want that sound, then get a Mesa or Peavey, get the Carvin cause it sounds good to you. Its versatility is what really sold me, the fact that it sounded good was a plus