Page 1 of 2
The Gibson Les Paul range rules. Even Gibsons lesser brands are good, can someone tell me what the "J&D THEORIE" brand is if its even called that coz i'm buying one of their Les Paul Black Beauty Custom's.
gibsons suck,

and to annoy you more because you love them so much. they suck!
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
0.o Gibsons, for their price, actually arent that great. You could get a much better custom made guitar from a local luthier. For the higher ranges that is. And even then, you go to the lower ranges 700-1500$ and you could easily get a better guitar from Schecter or Dean...
Carvin guitars, my friend
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Overpriced, heavy, you can get so much more from other brands at less price.

But it's your opinion, up to you if you want to throw money away.
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
Yeah Gibsons are overrated.
Fear the Evil Chainsaw Wielding Penguin...
Quote by bassandcello
Wow you people must be poor. My gibson is awesome.

So because we would rather save money and buy something for the same or a lesser price which is of better quality, we're poor?

GREAT logic there

/facepalm
J&D is an allright brand.
my first guitar was a J&D
Too tired and lazy to bother with a sig, Sorry.
Quote by bassandcello

Well I'm not poor but I'd rather buy an Epiphone and put better pickups in it.

I can't really tell the difference.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Quote by bassandcello

But if I spend $3000 on a custom made guitar it will be a hell of a lot better than your gibson.
Quote by bassandcello

thank you finnaly someone who likes them!
Quote by pix_dement
J&D is an allright brand.
my first guitar was a J&D

hat one did you have and what are they called exactly?
Quote by Perturabo
Overpriced, heavy, you can get so much more from other brands at less price.

But it's your opinion, up to you if you want to throw money away.

Gibsons have always been expensive and heavy.

Yeah, just to let you know.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by stinger12345
Gibson raised all their prices. Fags.

They 'raised' them because back in the 70s and 80s, money was worth more. So maybe £100 back them was worth maybe £1000 nowadays, and back then, Gibsons cost about £250 so yeah.

And of course, people had less money back then.

And all this comes from my dad and grandfather, people who where alive back then.

Yeah.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Gibson's cost too much, but they sound good. Im a fan of Ibanez guitars and some custom made brands.
I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had...
Quote by XianXiuHong
Think of how good a guitar priced the same that's not a Gibson would sound!

i've had a SX that looks like a strat for about a year, and its worth 500, but i got it for 100, but thats not the point, its got great sound but its too light for me, and the gibson/J&D is a good weight. and that costs 700
Quote by Heart Ache 102
firebirds sound pretty good if you play stuff like Def Leppard.

dude.. if i wanted to i could play Nile on a Danelectro, its not so much about the guitar for sound but more the player & amp.

also yeah, Gibosns ARE over priced.. my £750 schecter kicks the crap out of a £750 gibson.. in my opinion spec wise AND in playabilty.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
wow, so many people actually agree with me

now i thought i would be getting death threats
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
I'm quite fond of Gibsons, I haven't played a guitar that I like more than my SG, what's "better" at that price point largely boils down to preference.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
i love my Gibson.
Gibson guitars are truly unique, not unique in the 13 string mermaid shaped odyssey but the way they feel.
You really have to be an enthusiast to realise this.
They are overpriced, but if you can pick up a cheap second hand or "scratch and dent" one go for it!
I love white guitars!
They feel great, sound great etc. I'm just saying they're over-priced. I'm glad I have one, and I love mine, but I would never buy another. For the money you spend on a Gibson, you could buy a different guitar which is equally sweet, and with the change also get a sweet amp. A 'real Gibson' (lol) is the last thing people should be adding to their collections, after they've already got a good set-up.
I like my SG. But I honestly think I'm starting to prefer the Epiphone originals - my Alleykat, the Joe Pass Emperor, the Sheraton (sort of an original), etc.
Quote by Flying Couch
I like my SG. But I honestly think I'm starting to prefer the Epiphone originals - my Alleykat, the Joe Pass Emperor, the Sheraton (sort of an original), etc.

epiphone seem to build their originals to a higher standard than they build the gibson copies.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Heart Ache 102
everyone here knows that epiphone is one of gibsons lesser brands Right?

Are you freakin' serious? No way
HI
Quote by StratPat
Are you freakin' serious? No way

+1... i'm pretty sure none of us have been living under a rock with our eyes closed and our fingers in our ears for the last 50 odd years
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
After reading the first page, I was ready with 'Come on guys, there's the stable... Get off yer high-horses'... It's come civillised now.
TBH, Gibson don't have the best reputation - their version of a good new idea is gimmicky crap (see the Reverse collection), and they seem to be slowly going down the pan despite all their efforts in PR. But they do still make a damn nice guitar, which surely is what matters. And TBH, you're paying for the name with every guitar these days - What, you don't think Dean charge a little extra for a pointy headstock? Or that Fender don't have a mark-up just so that you have a piece of wood with the words 'Fender Stratocaster' on it?
(Rant over)... And tbh, they are a bit like the guitar world's Nintendo, like I said before - way too much wanking off of their old franchises and their hey-day of the 60's.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Page 1 of 2