Hi, just wondering if anyone knew about any really sweet distortion pedals.

Just post your favourite pedal, and a website i can find it on, and itll be awesome!

I would especially like distortion pedals resembling Switchfoot's sound on Meant To Live, and Skillets sound on Comatose, and that would be GREAT.

Thanks heaps in advance!
Till next time,
SGMenace

P.S. No swearing, spamming, or anything like that. If you want to HELP, thats great, but if you don't, i'm sure youre smart enough not to waste your time here.

Cya!
Quote by Anti Vicarious
Boss, cant really go wrong with them.

Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
blackstar ht-dist

yep pretty sweet... nothing ive tried has quite matched up to it. even fancy boutique stuff from mi audio and catalinbread.
i think we'd be able to give better advice if we knew what amp you have, and your budget, otherwise people are just going to suggest the most expensive pedal they can think of

also, deciding on a distortion pedal by looking at what other people like is a silly idea, unless you're just using these suggestions as pedals to try and deciding for yourself.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Jul 3, 2008,
MI Audio Crunch Box. I am going to get it when im at the music store next, but it's too far away and im lazy.
i like the blackstar ht dist
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

i have it and i really cant live without it. i use it over the cleans on my vox ac15 for my lead stuff or metal rhythm. produces a very different sort of distortion to my amp. definitely a smoother distortion than my TUBE amp. it really is buttery smooth and aurgasmic as dirtboxes go.

only thing is it isnt quite as sensitive to playing dynamics as a proper distorted amp would be but thats only minor.
Quote by Jaekae
i like the blackstar ht dist

i just realised we have pretty similar rigs.

ibz rg>blackstar ht-dist>few other random pedals>small tube amp
Quote by no_thing101
i have it and i really cant live without it. i use it over the cleans on my vox ac15 for my lead stuff or metal rhythm. produces a very different sort of distortion to my amp. definitely a smoother distortion than my TUBE amp. it really is buttery smooth and aurgasmic as dirtboxes go.

only thing is it isnt quite as sensitive to playing dynamics as a proper distorted amp would be but thats only minor.

was that a pun, "audio" and "orgasmic" mixed to make and "audio orgasm", shortened to "aurgasm", or are you 11 years old?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

kinda surprised noone mentioned any of the Tubescreamers...
are any of Digitech's dist. pedals any good, or are they just run-of-the-mill?
I would strongly reccomend as i usually do the Digitech DF-7 u can get pretty much any type of distortion ur lookin for for meant to live type distiortion setting 5 or 6 a lil edited shud do the needful..
Quote by primeguy31
kinda surprised noone mentioned any of the Tubescreamers...
are any of Digitech's dist. pedals any good, or are they just run-of-the-mill?

Digitech distortion pedals, or at least the one that i have is amazing and the metal master is relli gd too...
Quote by nikhil_singh87
Digitech distortion pedals, or at least the one that i have is amazing and the metal master is relli gd too...

i have a Digi. Bad Monkey OD and i love it, especially nice with my ValveKing112. been lookin into some of their dist. pedals lately...
I have a micro cube and its effect it quite good i like it a lot but i cant adjust it to my liking no eq!! should i buy a distortion pedal?
i would definitely look into EHX pedals (not the big muff)

look metal muff or a tube preamp pedal

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

i dont know y ppl are having troubles with the ds1 it hums but also sounds as rocknroll as they gets
...signature...
Quote by killjoys
i dont know y ppl are having troubles with the ds1 it hums but also sounds as rocknroll as they gets

no the DS-1 doesn't sound "as rocknroll as they gets". It sounds really weak, fizzy, tinny, etc, but its a good pedal for modding.

Thanks guys for all your help!!!

Quote by Blompcube
i think we'd be able to give better advice if we knew what amp you have, and your budget, otherwise people are just going to suggest the most expensive pedal they can think of

I have a Behringer modelling amp, and anything less then $300 bucks is cool. Thanks again!
Quote by SGMenace
Thanks guys for all your help!!!

I have a Behringer modelling amp, and anything less then $300 bucks is cool. Thanks again!

THAN ANY DISTORTION BOX YOU GET WILL
NOT
SOUND
GOOD!
Quote by Anti Vicarious
Boss, cant really go wrong with them.

Noob. They have the worst distortions ever. Sansamp gt-2 or the new ones by tech21, character pedals.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Big Muff/English Muff'n

Or Buy an Orange tube amp (Switchfoot use Orange)
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by nikhil_singh87

Digitech distortion pedals are not that good. Too digital IMO especially the metal master. However, the bad monkey is a great OD. Not because it is analog. Because it is just good. Though we are talking about distortions not OD aren't we. sorry.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Mi Audio Crunch Box, amazingly versitile.

It's amazing how ignorant and stuck up some people are on these forums...let people have their opinions.
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Highway One Telecaster

TC Electronic Polytune
Electro Harmonix Pitchfork
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
Fultone OCD
Electro Harmonix Nano Big Muff
TC Electronics Flashback X 4
Strymon Blue Sky
Strymon El Capistan

Vox AC4