Hey guys,

I have a question, I don't know which amp is better for me, because I already have a line6 pod xt live that I want to use with an amp.
I had a line 6 spider 3 15 watt, but I sold it, because I didn't like it, it sounded too (fake) electric, don't know how to say it right, especially on distortion.
But what amp will work better with my pod?
I play all different kinds of music, like santana, or alternative.

Thanks in advance.
Epi..
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Line 6 Spider III 15W
Peavey Generation EXP Single Coils
1997 Epiphone SG Junior
2007 Ibanez RG120
I wouldn't get the Epi with the POD. I don't think it would work too well. Maybe get something designed for modelling things?
Cam Sampbell's my hero
The valve jr loves pedals. When I had my vj I had lots of pedals and the vj soaks it all up. Do a tube change and make it even sweeter.
The VJ Combo I had sucked. A lot. And I know MrCarrot's done every mod under the sun to his and doesn't like it.

If you want a small valve amp to use a modeller with I'd get something with more clean headroom than the VJ.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
look into a blackheart little giant

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by Lil Macker
I wouldn't get the Epi with the POD. I don't think it would work too well. Maybe get something designed for modelling things?

What's the word I'm looking for here.... oh yeah, Fail. The Valve Junior works great with a POD XTL. The 2 together pretty much destroy almost every SS amp out there. It is however a low volume rig, but should be on par with a 20 watt SS amp. Not quite but close.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
I would say get a power amp if you're exclusively going to be running a pod through it. Once you crank up the epi, its going to distort, and it probably wont sound the best with the pod
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
I got the epiphone and I think that it sounds awesome compared to the line 6 I had before.
Actually the cube does take pedals well, if you are using the clean amp models. Just like any MFX unit.

I would go with the EVJ though.
Ibanez RG570
USA Strat
Epi Les Paul

Peavey Classic 30
Epi Valve Jnr
Laney LV200
Boss ME50
Daddy O
DC Solid Metal
GNX 3000
Quote by Stratmaster458
Valve Junior FTW!!!!!!!!!!

Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by kool98769
I would say get a power amp if you're exclusively going to be running a pod through it. Once you crank up the epi, its going to distort, and it probably wont sound the best with the pod

Agreed. It sounds bad enough when it distorts on its own.

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
Agreed. It sounds bad enough when it distorts on its own.

every time you post i find myself watching your troutslap avatar atleast 3 times
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
every time you post i find myself watching your troutslap avatar atleast 3 times

My Music
I would get the half stack Valve Junior for $50 more dollars.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
if u want to run ur POD through it, take the valve junior. SS amps arent meant to have pedals put into them most of the time.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.