Man am I depressed.

I've been trying to learn Cliffs of Dover, and well its way too fast for me. These past few days my skin has been ripping off like theres no tomorrow.

This was BEFORE I was a dumbass and decided to rip my skin off. Its much worse now.

Its like worked its way through 5 layers of skin

Heres what I'm trying now. I've got plasters stuck on my fingers. And well, honestly its not really helping.

So Pit, what should I do? I spend at least 5 hours of my day with my guitar. Any ideas on what to do whilst these music makers are healing?

(They don't really make good music )
Wow I should have seen that coming. No, I'm not going to Cum Blood either guys. Sorry to dissapoint.
Jesus, what string gauges do you use?

EDIT: oh and show us the pics without the bandages, you know the drill.
Quote by Insicion
Jesus, what string gauges do you use?

EDIT: oh and show us the pics without the bandages, you know the drill.

yep, i want after pictures
Quote by bassmanjoe08
If only you guys could see my computer room after I read this news...
Shit...seamen...drool...ravioli...EVERYWHERE!!!
Rofl. D'Addario Extra Lights I think. 10- something like 46. Mannn I don't wanna take em off lol. They're all red and they look really raw. I can play fine but when I bend my string like goes right into the flesh and its really nasty.

EDIT.

Okay so I tried playing again and the plaster fell off. Lucky you guys. Brace yourselves.

Last edited by boxie at Jul 3, 2008,
study theory or practice picking?
Quote by Lolcheez324
1 time i was home alone and i said i want a cheeseburger and then mah dad got home and he had a bag of potatoes
thats beautiful though, a true display of ones commitment to their guitar playing
but in relation to advice, maybe wait it out otherwise your fingertips will be ****ed
Come on man!!!!!!!! I don't wanna see your half chewed off fingertips!!!!

Give guitar a rest until they heal properly.
Yeah I was thinking swap the guitar for the dick.. thats already been said.
Playing slower wouldn't work coz he's still gotta bend?
Give the guitar a break man.. it'll be hard but I believe in you
Hahah thanks 3viction. Yeah I might have to lay off of it for a while.

Looks like my fingers, but my fingers look like that all the time..

Let it heal.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
It doesn't look that bad... it's just some skin. lol, skin comes aff my fingers like that from playing guitar all the time. :/
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
TBH, my fingers looked like that all ugly and dried and peeled and fat and red when i started my acoustic.. just work at it man .
That doesn't need plasters...

I cut down to the bone on my left ring finger with a razor the other day, and I've still been playing violin, piano and guitar with it all day every day. Sure, it hurts like a bastard, but it's just a test of willpower.

Stop moaning and go play some guitar.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I feel for you man.. My fingers always peel like that for some reason, however mine peel to the point of actually bleeding.. And yet I continue to play guitar.. It doesn't do any lasting damage, whilst it does hurt at the time.. So I say keep playing dammit!
My fingers look like that, only with thick callouses underneath the pealing skin. On both hands. Be a man. Play the guitar.
Quote by imgooley
My fingers look like that, only with thick callouses underneath the pealing skin. On both hands. Be a man. Play the guitar.

This.

Also, 10s? Pansy. I'm working my way up to 13s.
Quote by Flying Couch
This.

Also, 10s? Pansy. I'm working my way up to 13s.

I'm on .14s

I'm manner than you all.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
yea.. let it heal. when its regenerated, it'll be tougher than it was.

until then, review the tabs and play it mentally in your head. it really works. half the battle in learning stuff is in your head.

EDIT, Rabid, where'd you find .14's? i've never seen anything past a .13 i mean besides the sets you can buy for baritone. .17's or something?
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
No way man. You can't play Cliffs of Dover. It's just not possible even if your fingers, ears and internal organs bleed frantically.
Let's go back to five billion bpm and see how good i am.
Quote by Mr.1ns4n1ty.
Hay wats goin on in dis fread guise

i use da fick strings

You, sir, win.

Jeez, though, your fingers look pretty bad. I say take a break and let them heal for a while. My fingers do that sometimes, but I use thin strings (compared to you guys anyway. XD) .012, .016, .020p, .32, .42, .54 (In inches)
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by Jehuty
That's not that bad. I remember playing on my bro's acoustic and having worse fingers than that. I like it.

that sounded creepy.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.