What do you guys think about this bundle.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Digidesign-Pro-Tools-Mbox-2-Package?sku=702526

Im looking to start recording at my house with friends and i was wondering if you guys think this will be a good start. If not then what would you recommend.

p.s. going to be recording Vocals, guitar, drums.
Equipment

Guitar
- Jackson DKMG DINKY(EMG 81/85)
- Ibanez S5470 Prestige(Air Classic/FS-1/D sonic)

Amp
- Randall RX120RH and RX412 Half Stack

Effects
- Digitech GNX3
If you're serious about the drums you'll need a minimum of four inputs that can record simultaneously. Something from PreSonus or M-Audio perhaps?

DS
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
Quote by Death-Speak
If you're serious about the drums you'll need a minimum of four inputs that can record simultaneously. Something from PreSonus or M-Audio perhaps?

DS

well not serious but just to get the drums to where u can hear them in the song
Equipment

Guitar
- Jackson DKMG DINKY(EMG 81/85)
- Ibanez S5470 Prestige(Air Classic/FS-1/D sonic)

Amp
- Randall RX120RH and RX412 Half Stack

Effects
- Digitech GNX3
Anything below 2 overheads, a kick, and a snare mic on an acoustic kit and you'll have to make some rather annoying sacrifices in sound. You'll still need a minimum of 4 inputs to get a workable recording.

DS
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
There was a video somewhere of how to mike a drum kit with a couple of overheads, in which you point one overhead to the center of the snare and the other to the kick drum beater, then measure the distances with a piece of string to get the phase perfect.

Doing that does actually sound really good, and there's no need for a snare mike, although miking the kick does help bring out the low end thump.

We're actually doing that tomorrow with an MBox mini, but of course we have to use a mixer. We've got a lovely peavey 4 track.

The only problem, of course, is that the drums will mix down into a single track. But because there's no snare, we can edit the balance between kick and the rest by changing the level of the presence.

So although you do get a big loss in flexibility, as long as your sounds are right at source (which, of course, they should be), it's not a problem.

Or, if you wanted you could get the larger MBox, which would allow you to do the three mikes with separate channels, although you'd rely on spill from other instruments in order to layer the parts up.

When I was looking for recording equipment, I did see very few interfaces with enough inputs to do much drum-related. Once you hit 3 inputs there was a big hike in the cost to 4 inputs.