for the week, pit, i'm going to try and cut meat out of my diet..
a noble effort, even if unsuccessful.

not really out of any anti-meat principles, more out of curiosity about how such a move would affect the body.

discuss, share stories, advice..
Hey... great.
Try going on living without meat.
I'm 22 years old and lived without meat since earliest childhood and I'm still alive and super healthy.
Good luck, though.

P.S.: I am not having problems knowing that meat was made out of animals... I just can't eat it.
Borders? I've never seen them. But I heard that they exist in the heads of most people. (Thor Heyerdahl)
advise: read around diets and eat the right things or you will become ill.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Aren't you supposed to take some kinda supplements if you aren't eating meat?
Ooh good on you, I've been a vegetarian since 2006 and I'm deff not missing meat :]
♥xx♥

try looking at pictures of animals being buthered for meat, this would help you...

...no wait, STOP!! itll make you hate meat forever!!1
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
I cant stand vegetarians who are anti-meat because of moral principles, especially those crazy vegans. Good luck with not eating meat, I just love it <3
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Quote by Aikoe
Aren't you supposed to take some kinda supplements if you aren't eating meat?

iron I believe.. right? and probably some other stuff too.

sorry, but I cant go without meat. in a past life, im sure that I was once a raptor or something.
What the hell were you thinking?

i duno lol. tihs r liek wen i traid drawn maiself n teh t0ilit.

ROFL.

EPICPHAIL.

gess i cant dai.
Guys, look up 'Puppies in the killbox' on youtube....you'll never want to eat a dog again
Why would anyone not want to eat meat? If people don't eat meat then why the **** is it there? Animals have no use except to be eaten and enjoyed.
Quote by Toker420
Why would anyone not want to eat meat? If people don't eat meat then why the **** is it there? Animals have no use except to be eaten and enjoyed.

Yea, I think it's kinda ridiculous also...animals eat other animals, so us(animals) have a right to eat the animals.

Think about it, if a pig was super huge enough i'm sure it wouldn't think twice about eating you
It's not going to be hard unless you make it so. God.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
I love meat, it's my favorite thing ever..

I'd understand the whole Vegetarian/Vegan thing if Cows, Pigs and Chickens etc. had some other use...they don't, so I eat them

Just like a lettuce just sits on the ground, so I eat that too

It's a very simple principle...

And of course my stepmother is an avid vego' and everything she cooks tastes like ass...

I mean 'Vegetarian Lasagna' it doesn't even sound inviting *shudders at the thought*
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
Quote by Aikoe
Guys, look up 'Puppies in the killbox' on youtube....you'll never want to eat a dog again

Delicious.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Must....resist....urge to rant....overpowering....

Phew. Right, no moral stuff.

Go for it. It's never done me any harm, biologically. Vegetarianism isn't for everyone though; I think some people's bodies need meat more than others. Humans aren't really built to be carnivorous predators however. I don't take any vitamin supplements and I'm healthier now than when I ate meat. When you go back to eating meat, think about where it comes from before you buy it. Half the antibiotics produced in the US are fed to farm animals, and they're also pumped full of hormones to make them grow bigger. All that is likely to be in your body too, especially if you eat cheap meat from fast food restaurants for example instead of organically farmed stuff. It eventually will make your body resistant to antibiotics which is bad when you get sick in later life.

You might also want to try cutting out additives, E-numbers etc if you're on a health kick. It's no good not eating meat if you're still going to eat junk food, for example.
Nice goal, I just decided yesterday that I'm going to try no meat for August and if I like it, continue to be a vegetarian.
Quote by Minkaro
Schizophrenia rap?

*beatboxes*

I have schizophrenia, I talk to myself,
People startin' to doubt my mental health,
Maybe someday I'll get the help I need,
But till then don't be blamin' mah weed.

*scratches*
I don't think I could go a week without a ****ing cheeseburger....

like seriously.....
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
I'm not against vegetarians, good luck to them. Vegans though... wtf? The Cow wants to be milked! Eat the ****ing dairy products!
Quote by Foo'
I'm not against vegetarians, good luck to them. Vegans though... wtf? The Cow wants to be milked! Eat the ****ing dairy products!
It's not that, it's the fact that a cow has to have been pregnant with a calf before it can be milked. If the calf is male then it gets sent off to the slaughterhouse (if it's female, then the process starts over again), and vegans don't want to fund that by buying dairy products. Commercial agriculture is financed by people buying non-meat products as much as meat itself, and if you don't agree with intensive farming then one way to protest is to not buy anything that comes from it.

It's possible to be selective about which animal products you use, for example some people don't mind leather bags, shoes etc because they're only byproducts of an animal that would have been used for meat anyway so you're arguably making good use of the body. However, the same people could be against buying fur, because animals with desirable pelts are nowadays mostly killed specifically for them.
Quote by rigiddigits
It's possible to be selective about which animal products you use, for example some people don't mind leather bags, shoes etc because they're only byproducts of an animal that would have been used for meat anyway so you're arguably making good use of the body. However, the same people could be against buying fur, because animals with desirable pelts are nowadays mostly killed specifically for them.

I think killing animals just for fur is horrible. So I'll agree with this.

A question: Are people upset/angry that the animals are killed for food, or are they upset because of the manner in which the animals are killed?
Eat people instead. Like little children and little people. Asians for example.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
watch Meet Your Meat.. it'll make it easier.. that's what got me
Holden Caulfield is a friend of mine.
We go drinking from time to time.
A week won't really give you an accurate picture of how cutting out meat would affect your life. In that space of time, you'll probbaly just notice a change in your stool, and very possibly more wind. But it won't really be enought ime for you to experience whatever benefits a balanced vegetarian lifestyle brings.
Good luck TS. But I really don't understand why someone would take meat out of their diet, unless they were obese.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by walkinbazooka
Good luck TS. But I really don't understand why someone would take meat out of their diet, unless they were obese.

Well, having just been to the supermarket, I can see advantages. If you're prepared to eat battery famr chickens that are probably raped every day, then chicken is cheap. Corn-fed, free-range organic ones on the other hand... well, £10 for a decent sized chicken isn't cheap.
That's how I started out about a year ago. Going without meat for a week only showed me how I didn't really need it. I just elected to continue not eating it.

After that, I discovered the ethical concerns with eating meat, and the horrible practices of the US meat industry.
Good luck with it and kudos if you pull through with it!

I love meat far too much to do this though
Quote by piangrande
Hey... great.
Try going on living without meat.
I'm 22 years old and lived without meat since earliest childhood and I'm still alive and super healthy.
Good luck, though.

P.S.: I am not having problems knowing that meat was made out of animals... I just can't eat it.

You can't eat it because you've never ate it (you're missing some enzymes to digest meat, that your body only makes if you eat meat for a while). All kids feel sick when they first eat meat.

Anyway, if you decide to go veggo, get some supplement because you'll be missing a lot of vitamins and things like that.
I love meat. And anytime anyone tries to convince me otherwise, I point to my front teeth and tell the person that their primary function is to tear meat (the canines in particular).

More UltraMatic than you.