Yeah, i just finished my music course at college, i passed with 3 merits, which is basically like Bs across the board, so i'm happy, it was a 2 year course and it was some of the best years of my life.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Oh yeah, it was a BTEC national diploma in music practice (if we wanna be precise), so i haven't got a degree yet, taking a year out then going to university to get it.
WHOMP

been thinking about doing a BTEC in music for a while now

what did the course involve ?
To all the villianous insects who preach their slanderous, dupliciticious loathing; to each beautiful walking laceration who made me weep and bleed ... I hope you choke

ROCK ON DUDES
I'm hoping to start that in September. I've just finished the First Diploma, with 4 merits and 2 pending. I had to go on the First because I wasn't any good at guitar.

Congratulations.
I'm doing a National Diploma music course as well. Just completed the first year and at the moment have 3 distinctions, I hope I can maintain those during the second year .

Congrats man
Quote by Dæmönika
Quote by italynlprkn
yo tambien
What the hell's a tambien?
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
its like basic math. 1 + -1 = 1
Quote by WyldeRaven
been thinking about doing a BTEC in music for a while now

what did the course involve ?

History of music, music recording, performance, MIDI, live sound, music video.

It depends on where you go but for us the first year was pretty focused and streamlined, but the second year was put more down to us and is more focused on gigs, the first year had more deadlines and lots of small assignments but the second year had 2 big assignments in each unit and that was it. I would reccomend it, it opens up opportunities for you, you play good gigs, and you meet other musicians who you learn alot from musically and in life in general (or at least i did) and you will probably come along alot on your instrument.

And wanna be jesus, well done dude, it isn't much harder in the second year but (at my college at least) you are left to your own devices more, i think i could have done better as i winged some of it, although that was due to my PC going wrong.

Oh yeah, all you music kids, what college do you go to?
WHOMP

Last edited by donender at Jul 3, 2008,
Quote by Small Print
I'm hoping to start that in September. I've just finished the First Diploma, with 4 merits and 2 pending. I had to go on the First because I wasn't any good at guitar.

Congratulations.

RHYS! =D

I win
5 Merits and a Pass haha

Nat Dip should be fun.
Quote by donender
Oh yeah, all you music kids, what college do you go to?

Burslem Campus of Stoke-on-Trent college.

Quote by fatwanker
RHYS! =D

I win
5 Merits and a Pass haha

Nat Dip should be fun.

Too right it should! Loads of fresh meat coming into the college!
I'm starting the BTEC ND Music Technology course in september.
It looks totally awesome, the tutors are really cool.
Congratulations!

I don't have a clue what you are a talking about all i get is that you finished your music course.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

im doing btec nd art & design
great fun, recommend it to people who like to do things rather than write essays and sit exams- or to someone who just wants something to do for 2 years.
now extra flamey
Congratulations.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
Quote by Dreadnought
Oh and what age are A levels? lol

The course i done is 16+ although a majority of our class are school leavers, so 16-17, we did have a few older ones though, i think A levels are 16-18 but i could be wrong.
WHOMP

well done !
I just got an email this morning saying I passed my music and creative industries course too
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
I'm starting BTEC Certificate in Music Tech in September, it's annoying Exeter College doesn't do the Diploma...
NOPE.
Quote by Dreadnought
What is BTEC? What is the age range?

BTEC is basically the 'equivalent' to an A-Level, and it is all coursework based, so no exam. But you get a choice of BTECS, like National Award = 1 A-Level, National Certificate = 2 A-Levels and National Diploma = 4 A-Levels (not sure for this one.)

Again, it's for ages 16+ (or 15+ if you can do college courses in secondary school).
NOPE.
Last edited by charvel_man at Jul 3, 2008,
Quote by Dreadnought
What is BTEC? What is the age range?

The one I'm doing is the techincal equivalent of 3 A-levels, but it depends on what level you choose.

Ages can be anything, but it's usually the same as any other college course.
Quote by loubot123
well done !
I just got an email this morning saying I passed my music and creative industries course too

ahh well done man, and thanks for all the congrats.
WHOMP