Is there any halfstack up to 750$? It can be SS or tube, I dont care. Or should I buy a Cube 60?
I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had...
Half stack for $750? I don't think so. I wouldn't recommend getting one for that price anyway. Cube 60's are great(I have one myself) but for that money, you can get a tube combo which would be way better.

That's all I can give you advice wise, what style of music do you play?
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Well I have a 5w tube amp, I wanted something louder... I play hard rock, classic rock and such... Can you help me?

I cant decide between:
-New pickups for my guitar (300$)
-New amp (Up to 750$)
-A custom made guitar (800$)

I have 750$ to spend for my birthday so I cant decide. I have been watching a Peavey classic 30, but I'm not gigging so... Help !
I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had...
custom made fort 800$= sucky
pickups=won't make 5 watt sound better
amp= peavey valveking halfstack
Quote by Kada2110
Well I have a 5w tube amp, I wanted something louder... I play hard rock, classic rock and such... Can you help me?

I cant decide between:
-New amp (Up to 750$)

I have 750$ to spend for my birthday so I cant decide. I have been watching a Peavey classic 30, but I'm not gigging so... Help !

I'd get an amp, it'll make the most difference, but you should consider saving up more.

Classic 30 would be a nice choice. I use one.
Quote by Kada2110

I cant decide between:
-New amp (Up to 750$)

I would go for a new amp, although I custom axe wouldn't be half bad

But I personally would go for a new amp. Put any money left over towards the pickups/new axe/whatever you want.

For classic rock and the such, a Peavey classic would be great with an EQ pedal of some sort.
Quote by Flying Couch
If you're going used, you could easily get a Carvin or a Peavey for that much.

Haha, fair enough. I never thought about used.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Peavey valveking for 750$? WHERE!!?? Can you give me a link?
trust me you DONT want a valveking, the classic 30 is soo so so so so s so soso so much better

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Ok... Did I mention that I'm from Croatia? A valveking head costs about 850$... So nah ...
lol Ah... In that case, you'd be far better served finding a valve combo - a Classic 30 like others have said would be a good start, but just shop around. 30 Watts in terms of valve/tube is plenty for anything you'll probably be needing to do.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Do not get a Marshall MG.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
Quote by GuitaristTrue
im pretty sure randall has a decent half stack for under 750$, I dont have a link handy so you might wanna try looking around

But there all SS. They'll end up sounding like s***. Hes better off getting the Randall Tube Combo I suggested.
Last edited by schecter ftw at Jul 3, 2008,
the krank rev jr. sounds like a decent catch in my opinion though.
And that Randall combo's not all-valve, surely?
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Quote by Korzack
the krank rev jr. sounds like a decent catch in my opinion though.
And that Randall combo's not all-valve, surely?

its all valve.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
solid states dont really sound as bad as ya'll say they do...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
You can easily get a Valveking for $750, and I love the Valveking. PRobably my favourite amp that I've played on thus far that doesn't cost over $1000.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
Marshall MG?

In al seriousness save more and get something better.
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
Definately go for the classic 30, great sounding amps. I was thinking about getting a classic 50 in the near future.
Quote by schecter ftw

Don't get a Randall, it wouldn't be good for what you play. a Classic 30 would be right up your alley, don't go for a Valveking, there are much better tube amps out there. maybe a used Traynor?
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Traynor? Never heard... You have a website from them? I think I'll just buy pickups and save the remaining money for something I'll use. I don't gig so I don't think I actually need a louder amp. I was in a rush... Do you knows some good tuning machines?
a used ValveKing half stack is around $700 here, plus as long as your not playing death metal, the VK is good.
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by Kada2110
Traynor? Never heard... You have a website from them? I think I'll just buy pickups and save the remaining money for something I'll use. I don't gig so I don't think I actually need a louder amp. I was in a rush... Do you knows some good tuning machines?

Yngwie and steven seagull mention recommend a lot to people who play the same stuff as you, i recommend you finding them and asking about it. they say it's an incredible amp. the Traynor YCV15 Blue.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Quote by ugmung
Yngwie and steven seagull mention recommend a lot to people who play the same stuff as you, i recommend you finding them and asking about it. they say it's an incredible amp. the Traynor YCV15 Blue.

it's actually the ycv 50 blue.
He's not going to be able to find one
didnt you people see that he said he was in croatia? Jesus.
He wont be able to find a used traynor, or even a traynor dealer.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
it's actually the ycv 50 blue.
He's not going to be able to find one
didnt you people see that he said he was in croatia? Jesus.
He wont be able to find a used traynor, or even a traynor dealer.

Thats right... Im gonna buy pickups for my guitar. I dont need a louder amp... yet...