So, I was just wondering which of the 2 is more important?

For the last 3 months or so I have been doing a practice routine that seems to be helping my technique a lot but I haven't been learning a lot of covers?

Should I start doing more covers?

Which should I Songs or Technique practice?
technique would probably help better.

i cant do it well though i get so bored and will have to look for a song with the technique im working on
I practice/play everyday and what I do is practice technique one day and the next play songs/write music. This keeps you in some form of sanity. And Behemoth kicks ass!! I saw them a while back and Nergal spit beer in my eye!
Quote by metal4ever6328
I practice/play everyday and what I do is practice technique one day and the next play songs/write music. This keeps you in some form of sanity. And Behemoth kicks ass!! I saw them a while back and Nergal spit beer in my eye!

aww man...

I wanted some of that beer spat at me...
both, I like learning songs because its more entertaining and then you have stuff to play for/with people that they may know. Also, I like to learn songs exactly how they go, with all the little lead riffs and whatnot then once i know them well i can start adding in my own stuff. I find that if you do this you learn a good bit of technique along the way.
Quote by Graveworm
So, I was just wondering which of the 2 is more important?

For the last 3 months or so I have been doing a practice routine that seems to be helping my technique a lot but I haven't been learning a lot of covers?

Should I start doing more covers?

Which should I Songs or Technique practice?

Definitely learn some actual music. Ultimately, playing music is what you want to do on your musical instrument.

Try to balance between playing music and technical practice.

Quote by metal4ever6328
I practice/play everyday and what I do is practice technique one day and the next play songs/write music. This keeps you in some form of sanity.

^ good suggestion.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Jul 3, 2008,