I'm looking for a tube amp that would be good enough for gigging. My budget is $510 U.S. I have been looking at a few: Fender Blues Junior, Peavey Valveking 112. It doesnt have too be either of these, their just the ones I've been looking at. I play Yellowcard, Muse, Lostprophets, Green day, and some Coldplay. And dont be like "he can't get those sorts of distortion from those amps!" i have a FloorPod. Any help is much appreciated.
At that budget, no matter what you get, go used. You could get a Peavey Classic 30 or 50 or a Traynor YCV40 or 50 in that budget, if you look used.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
i use a blues junior alot, i think its a great amp.
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
you're going the wrong way imho... What do you need a tube amp for if you only want to get the signal coming out of your floor pod to stage level? For that a transistor amp is as good as a tube amp... or you get something like this: http://www.atomicamps.com/ but they are a bit out of your price range.

Or you just go the other way: Find an all tube amp, that completly suites your style, what might be difficult OR look for hybrid amps which offer a lot of versatility and are actually less expensive than all tube amps.

EDIT: Atomic amps offer an 18W amp for 499$ which is not really powerful enough for larger stages. If you go with atomic you should take a look at the 50W 2x12 combo.
Last edited by TomC87 at Jul 3, 2008,
Quote by maiden_mexico
i use a blues junior alot, i think its a great amp.

Ditto.

Mine is so sweet and that's with stock valves (red plate) it came with.
Quote by TNfootballfan62
At that budget, no matter what you get, go used. You could get a Peavey Classic 30 or 50 or a Traynor YCV40 or 50 in that budget, if you look used.

Easily your best advice so far.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by TNfootballfan62

Solid advice. +2
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
^+^^

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Last edited by TNfootballfan62 at Jul 3, 2008,
its stupid to get a tube amp and use a pod! wtf??? y do you want a tube amp?? cause there tone is nice.... so y use a pod?
Fender Strat 60th Anniv HotRoded
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Marshall JCM900 1960A Cab
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost
I saw a Peavey Classic 50 410 tweed for $300 today.
Fender Pro Reverb Reissue for $500, A Blackheart Little Giant 112 for $215.

I say look used and get more for your money.
Quote by cam_d
And dont be like "he can't get those sorts of distortion from those amps!" i have a FloorPod. Any help is much appreciated.

It's not like you named any seriously heavy bands. Those bands aren't uber distorted by any means.

Quote by TNfootballfan62

+1

Quote by TomC87
you're going the wrong way imho... What do you need a tube amp for if you only want to get the signal coming out of your floor pod to stage level? For that a transistor amp is as good as a tube amp... or you get something like this: http://www.atomicamps.com/ but they are a bit out of your price range.

Or you just go the other way: Find an all tube amp, that completly suites your style, what might be difficult OR look for hybrid amps which offer a lot of versatility and are actually less expensive than all tube amps.

EDIT: Atomic amps offer an 18W amp for 499$ which is not really powerful enough for larger stages. If you go with atomic you should take a look at the 50W 2x12 combo.

Good advice, the FloorPOD will act as a preamp here. However, 18 watts of tube IS loud enough for a band situation, and you will be miced up at most gigs these days. You'd be fine. Only thing that would suffer is clean headroom.
^

You guys have to stop approving my advice. I'm pushing my cheers limit for the day.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Look on ebay for traynor YCV series, the sell sub 500 all the time there.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT