Good or no? I know Mahogany is the best tonewood for metal, but what about those pickups? I have no need for a wammy, so string-through is the best option. Is this a good buy? And what color should I get?

Link

Edit: Can anyone who has this/knows about it recommend me a hardcase that will hold it snuggly?
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Special II [Heavily Modded]
Hand-Built Jem Copy
Rouge RA-100

Amps:
Crate VC-50
Epiphone Studio 10

Pedals:
DigiTech Bad Monkey
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss Noise Suppressor
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff w/ Top Boost
That is a great, solid guitar. Havent heard many bad things about it, although I think the fretboard inlay is overdone. I would go for antique amber.

and btw the pickups are great. I have the exact same config on my Jackson and trust me, it'll do metal without sacrificing for anything else like active pickups would.
The pickups are extremely versatile, especially with the coil-tapping. If you're looking for something just for metal, you probably want to check out the Hellraiser though.

And I got an SKB case that works fine for my Classic. It's the one with the TSA locks, I think the 66.
Gear:
Gibson Explorer (white)
Schecter C-1 Classic
Fender SuperSonic 112
Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde
EHX No.1 Echo
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Quote by steel337
That is a great, solid guitar. Havent heard many bad things about it, although I think the fretboard inlay is overdone. I would go for antique amber.

and btw the pickups are great. I have the exact same config on my Jackson and trust me, it'll do metal without sacrificing for anything else like active pickups would.

Personally I am in love with that inlay. And that's good about the pickups, so I could play clean or blues or anything.

As for that case, can you possibly give me a link to it, or a model or anything? I can't seem to find anything.
Guitars:
Hand-Built Jem Copy
Rouge RA-100

Amps:
Crate VC-50
Epiphone Studio 10

Pedals:
DigiTech Bad Monkey
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss Noise Suppressor
I have one. Its a great guitar. I highly reconmend it. It's so easy to shred with.
And there is a custom case you can get for it. It costs about $100. Its a quality case too.
-Andrew H
band: syncopated groove punch
Quote by Afyum
As for that case, can you possibly give me a link to it, or a model or anything? I can't seem to find anything.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/SKB-SKB-66-Deluxe-Universal-Electric-Guitar-Case-541664-i1177904.gc

As for the color, I got the blue mainly because I didn't like the look of the gold hardware. The chrome looks way better, in my opinion, and lasts longer.
Gear:
Gibson Explorer (white)
Schecter C-1 Classic
Fender SuperSonic 112
Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde
EHX No.1 Echo
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Quote by fagelamusgtr
I have one. Its a great guitar. I highly reconmend it. It's so easy to shred with.
And there is a custom case you can get for it. It costs about $100. Its a quality case too.

Where can I find this case? I have a feeling a specially designed one would fit the guitar much better then a universal case.
Guitars:
Hand-Built Jem Copy
Rouge RA-100

Amps:
Crate VC-50
Epiphone Studio 10

Pedals:
DigiTech Bad Monkey
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss Noise Suppressor
the pickups in the c1 classic are seymour duncans there is an SH-12 and a SH-4 JB in it both are hum-bucker in case you don't know. I'v heard the the schecters have cheap woods but have the best stock electronics so it sounds alright. I wouldn't buy a schecter myself (just not my style) but they're alright and if it makes you happy and you like the tones your getting than thats all you need. They have 5 pickup selectors that allow you to split the coils of the humbuckers for single coil sounds so enjoi dude.
The c-1 classic is the best guitar I have ever played. I have the antique amber and it looks kickass especially with the vine of life inlays, which are awesome. It is great for metal (what i use it for) but also great for cleans because of the Jazz neck pickup. The pictures you see around the internet don't really do it justice so if you havent played it in person do so and you will be utterly amazed at the look, feel, and playability of this awesome guitar.
I used to have one. Great guitar, great value for money, sounds very thick and warm. It can do metal fairly easily, but it's not limited to that. If you're into the more extreme end of metal, I'd suggest a Hellraiser or a Blackjack ATX, cos they have active metal-oriented pickups.

The neck is a bit chunky, though, but many see that as a good thing
Mahogany isn't the only tone wood used by metal artists. You'll find just as many basswood/alder users as you will mahogany users.

I swapped my bridge pickup looking for something with a "tighter" tone. The Jazz has a nice, smooth and articulate tone - the JB is far too trebly and breaks down the more distortion you give it. The guitar rattles a lot with drop tunings, even on 13s but the playability is great.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by Bazilisck311
Mahogany isn't the only tone wood used by metal artists. You'll find just as many basswood/alder users as you will mahogany users.

I swapped my bridge pickup looking for something with a "tighter" tone. The Jazz has a nice, smooth and articulate tone - the JB is far too trebly and breaks down the more distortion you give it. The guitar rattles a lot with drop tunings, even on 13s but the playability is great.

Really? I found the JB to be REALLY tight, and sounds best with distortion. It kinda sucks clean...
I actually prefer alder to mahogany when it comes to tone wood for playing metal. That's just me though. The pickup combination on the Schecter is awesome.
It's a good guitar for pretty much everything. I'm thinking about replacing it with a PRS SE because i find the neck to be a bit to thin on my Schecter. That's only a matter of opinion though...
signitcha
Schecter C-1 Classic
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
MXR 10 Band EQ
I've been thinking about getting one of these myself. I hear they're good for metal, but very versatile. I think the pickups are Seymour Duncans (JB/SH-2N Jazz). That is Seymour Duncan's favorite combination. Check out the hellraiser if you want an only metal guitar. The EMGs are great. As for the C-1 Classic, I love the inlay and I think it goes best with the blue finish.
I like the tobacco colour sunburst one. Personally I love schecters but Ive never been a fan of that pearl boarder they put on their guitars... this hasnt got it so yeah I like it

However I do agree that the fret inlays do look a lil bit too much
Customized Fender Stratocastor Standard
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Lag GLA200BCE
definately get the amber finish it looks much better in person then the pics show on mf.
Go for it. I tried it out and i loved it, almost bought it, but was short $100.
I've seen the blue and the antique amber, both looked nice, but I think the blue is the best colour. It looks much, much better in person.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Quote by Afyum
Where can I find this case? I have a feeling a specially designed one would fit the guitar much better then a universal case.

If you scroll further down the link you provided, and go to the box where it says "Recommended Accessories" there's the Schecter Diamond Series Molded Guitar Case. I don't know what it's exactly like, but I figure if it's in that box, it must be a good fit.

My question is...is it deffinitely worth the $750 price tag?
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Quote by stinger12345
If you scroll further down the link you provided, and go to the box where it says "Recommended Accessories" there's the Schecter Diamond Series Molded Guitar Case. I don't know what it's exactly like, but I figure if it's in that box, it must be a good fit.

My question is...is it deffinitely worth the $750 price tag?

Absolutely.
I mean, you guys havent really mentioned the best part.
It's neck-thru.

I give it a 10/10.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer