Ok guys on my ESP factory pickups for my Eclipse, when I turn the knob, it doesn't "swell". It just...happens. It just like kicks on automatically, and theres no difference between say, 1 and 10, besides sensitivity and a little gain difference.

Should I get new pickups, or are there any other ways to fix it?
Check out my music, if you please.
Quote by timi_hendrix
Sounds like a pot issue to me. The issue probably being that they're not very good.

agreed.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Check the grounding on the volume pot, and if it all looks okay ditch it and get a new one.
I read that nuggent who likes to do volume swells has to go thru a pile of vol pots to get a few good ones. The tolerances vary widely and there are the standard tone/vol pot and there are the audio and linear taper pots. Most places put the generic ones in as they only have to stock one kind. The audio taper might give you a better curve so the volume will swell more to your liking. And go for the CTS pots they seem to be more consitant.