Hey guys, about 6 months ago I got a Mesa Boogie Roadster off of eBay, it's a freaking monster. I love it but, it's just way to big, heavy, and powerful. I don't need that kind of power. I play a few shows yes but we always mic our instruments in our mix and I never turn it above like 4. I was thinking of getting a Tiny Terror.. Could I still get boogie tone? I would probably use my Bad Monkey to boost it, or upgrade to a maxon or an Ibanez sometime.

I play alot of pop punk like Blink 182, Sum 41 etc. Then just modern rock.. Then into some Metalcore areas.

I just want something smaller, lighter, and less powerful.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Its a roadster thoughhhh
Would an attenuator not help?
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Perhaps..? I've never looked into one. ^
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Definitely keep it in mind
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
it's not really a boogie tone, but an orange tone... xD I own one and i can say that the TT deserves the terror in it's name, it can get really brutal (volume and tone-wise, never underestimate 15W plugged into a 4x12"), but also gives you a heavy tone without being too loud. It's kind of a different character cause of the EL84 tubes. I like the tone best when the TT is played with drop tunings like Drop D but a whole step lower, then you'll really have the metalcore you've mentioned... (Depends on the metalcore... xD)

it's definitly not an amp that was made to play clean... so just crank it up and you'll see the sun... =) In fact it's a really nice amp and if you can afford it easily, i'll say get it, it will suit you...
I may just keep the roadster until I move for college, if I do decide to get a TT.

I just hate playing my roadster in my bedroom, it sounds like poop at a really low level. Also, people saying it's not a metal amp, I'm not really looking for just metal, I play some metalcore such as Underoath, As I Lay Dying etc. Is there really another option? BH Handsome Devil?

How would the TT sound coming out of an Orange 2x12?

up..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xlzYZRsp2yk

My TT with a TS9. Chappers uses a clean boost - I add a touch more gain (drive knob at 12:00, level maxed out). If you're looking for an American high-gain voicing, you probably won't like the TT. I play metalcore and the like, but I'm a fan of the dirty crunch of British high-gain, so the TT works for me. It can certainly do metal/metalcore, but whether or not it's to your taste is up to you.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
If I were you I would just get a nice attenuator and a smaller cab (2x12) for when you go to college or when you are playing in your room. Stick to the Roadster if you like its cranked tone.
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
My rig right now is an Orange PPC 2x12, Gibson SG Standard and a Mesa Boogie Roadster. What attenuators could I look at? I hate the thing at really low volumes, it just sounds like fuzz.

just get a power attenuator and then you'll be fine. don't let go of such a good amp!
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
Ouch, for that hotplate price I could get a TT.. I wouldn't be letting go of my amp, just downsizing for my bedroom..

Question about that hotplate; it says, lets you attain the incredible sound of your amp running at high output and full distortion but at recording, small club, and neighbor-friendly volumes.

Does that mean it's driving it hard and driving the tubes hard?

Well I don't want to be driving my tubes everytime I jam at home, I'll be having to retube ($150 for a roadster) every year.