I've googled and found a few things nothing really outstanding. I'm hoping to find some backing tracks to help me work on timing. I have tried just playing along with actual songs but I think I would like this more. I've only been seriously playing for a few months but I have printed out around 50 tabs that I mess around with and have been playing. Since I'm still not very experienced they are all fairly simple songs. Lots of Marilyn Manson, System of a Down, etc. I'm wondering if anybody knows a good place to get backing tracks like that.

Thanks!

Oh, and sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I'm hoping it wasn't.
Andy Fox
Hard rock guitarist
I play a Jackson DK-2 and an Ibanez RG through a Peavey 6505+ stack
i never knew there was free backing tracks
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

LETS HEADBANG TO METAL!

If you give a mouse a cookie,satan will get angry
I don't know if it's what you're looking for, but I recently found a site, looperman.com, that has individual instrument tracks (Like I got a bunch of drum tracks to play bass with), and they're free if you register.
Quote by UGROQFAN
i never knew there was free backing tracks

lmao +1
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by rhettro
Guitar Pro FTW!

+1 Yeah this is a lovely free download. You then inport a GP3 file of the song you want to learn, the file will have a track for drums, bass, vocals, guitar lead, guitar backing, synt... You can change the tone and vol on each track. Another great thingie is that you can slow it down to learn a solo or whatever, or put the solo on a loop at 50% speed, and increase in speed by xxx% on each loop.

Great stuff.
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Tanglewood TW15NS
Line6 Spider III 15w (playing into the MP3/CD input = bypass all the Spider processing)
Boss DD-3
DigiTech RP500

My other passion in life My Site
The only reason I never got GP is that my computer is upstairs and my guitars and amps are all set up downstairs. I usually copy and paste tabs into word documents and print them out to take down there with me. I have a huge binder full of tabs now. Turning the page does kinda suck though I guess.
Andy Fox
Hard rock guitarist
I play a Jackson DK-2 and an Ibanez RG through a Peavey 6505+ stack
I just checked out that website. class!!
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Tanglewood TW15NS
Line6 Spider III 15w (playing into the MP3/CD input = bypass all the Spider processing)
Boss DD-3
DigiTech RP500

My other passion in life My Site
Quote by AndyR83
The only reason I never got GP is that my computer is upstairs and my guitars and amps are all set up downstairs. I usually copy and paste tabs into word documents and print them out to take down there with me. I have a huge binder full of tabs now. Turning the page does kinda suck though I guess.

That's why I bought a Vox AmPlug for my electric. The AmPlug has an aux input so I can connect my PC's sound output directly to it. Works like a charm and I don't have to lug my amp into the computer room.
GuitarTeacher.com

I'll throw another couple of jam tracks on there each week until I reach, oh, about 1000 or so.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ Storm Stenvold
~ http://www.guitarteacher.com
~ See It, Hear It, Play It!
~ Free Video Guitar Lessons, Jam Tracks + More!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~