I have myself a great Vintage V100 Les Paul. I love it, its extremely well built and robust, great action, great finish e.t.c., but it does have bad hardware.

I'm looking to replace the machine heads, pickups, and strap locks.
I will be getting Schaller straplocks, and i'm thinking of Gotoh machine heads (tried out a nice Dean Razorback today with them, and found them to be brilliant, accurate, easy-turning e.t.c), but im totally unsure of which pickups to go with.

This is my guitar;

And here are my questions that hopefully you guys can answer.

1.) Which colour straplocks shall i go for?
2.) Which machine heads shall i go for? (Please specify brand, colour and model.)
3.) Which pickups can i go for?

Question three info;
I'd like some that have chrome covers, i play anything from clean/overdriven Oasis, to Ozzy Osbourne, to AC/DC, Guns 'n' Roses, Pantera, Johnny Cash, Metallica...
Can i get pickups this versatile?!

Thanks a lot in advance UG.
I would think silver straplocks would go nicely with that since it matches the other hardware.
1) chrome
2) grover , green keys ?
3) Bridge - seymour duncan SH-8 invader
Neck - seymour duncan SH-1 ' 59

My Gear :
Epiphone les paul custom (alpine white) Peavey Valve king half stack
Ehx Big muff Pi Gibson sg special faded
Ehx Metal Muff Dunlop crybaby 535q
Digitech Bad Monkey
Thanks a lot gainaddict.

As far as the machine heads go, i dont like those green key things, im wanting chrome.

Thing i will get the chrome gotoh ones.
What amp are you using - the pickups in that guitar are already pretty decent, they'll be paf-types and therefore already pretty much ideally suited to what you want to play. There's little point changing them unless you have very exacting tonal requirements and also an amp that's going to benefit.

Straplocks and new tuners are a wise enough investment, pickups aren't.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Hmm... Your post is making me re-consider, seagull.

My pickups are pretty pathetic though really. Even through a valveking in Dawsons it didnt sound as good as an epiphone standard.

My amp is reasonably sub-standard at the moment tbh. A Vox AD15VT.

Maybe i will leave the pickups until i get a better amp and have more SPARE cash...

Thanks everyone.
Quote by Edgey_15
Thanks a lot gainaddict.

As far as the machine heads go, i dont like those green key things, im wanting chrome.

Thing i will get the chrome gotoh ones.

I have the same horrid green things on my Vintage VS6 - are you replacing the whole tuner thing or just the machine heads? If its the machine heads how are you doing it? I can't see how I can get mine off =[ lol. Thanks
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
What do you mean, the whole tuner thing?

Machine heads = the whole tuner thing lol. Sorry, i dont know whatcha mean. Please explain

To remove them, i'm just gonna take off the strings, undo the screws underneath the headstock, and remove them. Not totally sure until i try lol.

I might just take it to a guitar shop.
OK I've confused myself

Basically I mean the revolting green knob things. I can't be bothered to replace the whole tuner thingy, just the knobs, and I was wondering if there's a way I could
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Quote by Edgey_15
What do you mean, the whole tuner thing?

Machine heads = the whole tuner thing lol. Sorry, i dont know whatcha mean. Please explain

To remove them, i'm just gonna take off the strings, undo the screws underneath the headstock, and remove them. Not totally sure until i try lol.

I might just take it to a guitar shop.

There may be a nut around them on the front of the headstock where the strings go, as well. Probably is.
I dont thing u can just change the things you mean.

Cud paint them or something lol.
Haha yeah I thought about that
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
If you have the same wilkinson deluxe tuners as me, you'll probably want to change them anyway. Have hated mine since i got it lol.
I quite like mine other than the sh.itty knobs, I know it's a bit petty lol. Only got my Vintage the other day, its awesome, but I'm just fussy about these things
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Great brand imo.

Altho i do prefer Epiphone headstocks. Just the shape really.
Agreed - Vintage give you so much more for your money though IMO. I found my VS6 much nicer to play than the Epi G400, which is a lot more money too.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75