for those of you who dont your their london, denmark street is a small street in london, england, consisting of 95% guitar shops. and a musical instrument shop.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denmark_Street

so, what guitars should i play?

what guitars should everyone play at least once in their life?
Last edited by ginjaninja at Jul 3, 2008,
Theres a song by the kinks called Denmark street...

cool. I don't know what you should play just play what you want.
Best damn street ever.

Of course you have to play a Gibson Les Paul. And when i was there one shop had a very nice John Petrucci Model guitar I fell in love with.
A Gibson LP, a PRS Custom 24 etc. You have to play the guitar(s) that you would dream of owning, but can't afford.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Quote by ginjaninja
for those of you who dont your their london, denmark street is a small street in london, england, consisting of 95% guitar shops. and a musical instrument shop.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denmark_Street

so, what guitars should i play?

what guitars should everyone play at least once in their life?

My dads boss just opened a saxophone store there actually!

It's a little overrated actually, very expensive for most stuff to

'Rockers' have some friendly staff...

play a battered old tele or a strat, something with a real history!
Denmark Street stores definitely add a big premium on their products compared to other retailers - Gibson Les Paul Standards were going 1800 last time I visited. I wouldn't really advise buying guitars from there if you like to look for competitive pricing.
It's a small street so don't expect like a nostalgic experience, because I assure you it ain't.
Quote by Hemani Co
Denmark Street stores definitely add a big premium on their products compared to other retailers - Gibson Les Paul Standards were going 1800 last time I visited. I wouldn't really advise buying guitars from there if you like to look for competitive pricing.
It's a small street so don't expect like a nostalgic experience, because I assure you it ain't.

yeah ive been before, about a year ago when i was just starting guitar.

and i know about the prices, im not stupid, ill look around (for when i do get round to buying a second guitar)

this is just to play guitars i will never own for a long long time.
Last time I was there there was a shop with a guitar signed by EVH in the window. It said:

"To the coolest girl in the world! Not for resale!" Or something along those lines.

Amused me that it was addressed to a girl who was told not to sell it, when I think the store was owned by a bloke.
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ