Esteemed bassists of the forum, I need some help...

I'm selling my old P-Bass (not a Fender, it's a cheep copy I got as my first bass) and some other stuff to make room (and money) for a new four string bass, I have a five string but it's only appropriate for certain styles. I want this new bass so that I can learn to play Slap and Pop aswell as to play other styles. My question to the forum is: what bass would be best, my budget is anywhere between £0 - £300.

One I was thinking about is this: http://www.pmtonline.co.uk/?oid=2493 - What do you think? Any replies are very much appreciated.
+1

IMO, jazz basses are some of the best basses out there

Or you could try a cheaper Ibanez, but i dont know how good they are
Great to see another Brummie man on these forums

As such I can help perhaps...theyve finnally shut that attrocity Sound Control down, which is great becuase it'd just be a silly distraction, you have two distinct choices of place to find a new bass really, that is go FairDeal or PMT.

FairDeal had a few nice Ibanez's in when I last went, but i was in PMT the other day and their range of basses atm is amazing, also they have hands down the BEST staff in the city, becuase they get an hourly pay rate,not commision, so they'll spend time getting the right instrument for you, not chuck the priciest thing in your budget at you and make you cough up!

Their peavey range at the moment falls within your budget,and I must say I love oeavey basses, very good for the money imo, so maybe try them out? my real advice would be look out for Dave, also known as "The Bear" in PMT, he;s the head bass honcho, and is a real great guy, who will happily spend his time finding you a good bass, but be warned, you will want a Sandberg if you play one, and you'll wanna play one when you see them,lol.

so yeah, go to PMT, spend a couple of hours there, you shuold come back with something special.

btw people,I dont work there or anything, Im just impressed with the staff and range,lol
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
skippy_moogoose: Thanks for the advise, I go to PMT alot aswell and the staff are terrific, I have met Dave and he was a pretty cool guy who gave me loads of help finding a distortion pedal so i'll go check that out.
"spend a couple of hours there" - will do lol.
good stuff, hope you find something tasty my man
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
LTDs are always nice but i cant see why u dont slap on the 5-string, once u gets used to the strings being close its just as easy
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
I just cant get my head round 5 strings personally, I know all the advantages, but there's something about them I just...cant seem to get, they arnt comfortable for me to play, and Im not the only one I know like that
Quote by the humanity
Quote by skippy_moogoose
I just cant get my head round 5 strings personally, I know all the advantages, but there's something about them I just...cant seem to get, they arnt comfortable for me to play, and Im not the only one I know like that

They do have there good points but certain things were only meant for a four string which is why I want both.
Ibanes ATK?
Quote by Demon Wolf
Man, you even got the melody right. +1000000 points.

Quote by Night_Lights
^thats a brilliant call. *jots in notebook*
Quote by shotbythepope
Ibanes ATK?

Don't know that one, i'll look out for it though thanks.