I am using IK multimedia's Amplitube X-Gear in conjunction with Amplitube 2, Metal and Jimi Hendrix editions and like them all...the sounds are fantastic considering that my amp is broken and i've resorted to this. My only problem is when trying to record with Audacity I only get the unprocessed sound even tho i am using the toneport I have as the recording interface. It has worked before where it recorded the actual sound I hear while playing and still works with riffworks(line 6 version). For some reason however when using audacity i get the same clean ****ty guitar sound every time....any ideas why?
Epiphone LP
Johnson Strat Copy(first guitar)
Epiphone Dr 150 Acoustic
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Digitech Jimi Hendrix Experiance pedal
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Digitech RP50
ElectroHarmonix Metal Muff
that's a little confusing. do you mean when you play through riffworks that you here the sound that you want? but when you play through Audacity you hear your guitar acoustically?
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
yeah its like an unprocessed tone...so its the clean guitar thats going into the toneport/computer and not the processed tone as heard
Epiphone LP
Epiphone Dr 150 Acoustic
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Digitech RP50
You're recording from your line-in/mic input instead of the soundcards output like you should be. Change the recording source to the wave out and you'll be set.
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
but im using toneport....so its guitar into toneport which goes into USB. The computers speakers are connected to the toneport as the output. The recording setup is on the toneport ...so it records the toneport...
Epiphone LP
Epiphone Dr 150 Acoustic
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Digitech RP50
Go to preferences, and then select Toneport GX as your source.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
thats what i do it says recording source and i choose that(toneport gx)....thats what im saying it used to be fine i dont understand now
Epiphone LP
Epiphone Dr 150 Acoustic
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Digitech RP50