I'm looking for an amp for home and studio use that has a great blues and rock tone and usable cleans. I've got a budget of about £600 and these are the two amps that spring to mind. They both sound great in the demos I've heard, but the place I buy my gear from can't get either in for a few weeks, meaning that trying them isn't possible at the minute, although I will when they come into stock.

Any experiences with either or input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Last edited by jimbob78 at Jul 3, 2008,
they are both very good i would proberly go with the cornell dues to its volume selections so u can fully crank the amp for home practise on the .25 and 1 watt setting, if its to the same quality as my mates romany plus you will be be in love, but to be fair i can imagine the cornford is made to the same high standard

if u go on http://www.dc-developments.com/ reviews and then the 2007 one download it and u will see what guitar buyer thinks of it.
i've tried cornfords, but not that model (i've tried the hellcat and hurricane), and i've tried a cornell (the romany plus- it would also be worth a try for the tones you want), but not that one either.

Based on the ones i have tried, i wouldn't want to choose based on quality, as they were both great, but one may obviously suit the tones you're after more than the other.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jul 3, 2008,