So my band is playing a show in a month and they dont want us to play our songs, they want clasic songs, like Zeppelin and stuff.

Our bass player is threatening to leave the band if we don't play some very bass oriented songs (all our other songs are just like straight 8th notes for him), and we CAN'T have him leave because he is VERY Talented and we can't afford to loose him. Also, the guy who booked us wants his son to be able to play a song or two with us.

So all mighty Pit, I ask of you to name some songs that fulfill the following requirements.....

1. It should be fairly well known.
2. It should have a fairly noticeable bassline.
3. It should have like 3 guitars in it.
4.?????
5. Profit.

Please help, all suggestions get some nice stuff in their inbox

Peace
Quote by guitarmannn
So my band is playing a show in a month and they dont want us to play our songs, they want clasic songs, like Zeppelin and stuff.

Our bass player is threatening to leave the band if we don't play some very bass oriented songs (all our other songs are just like straight 8th notes for him), and we CAN'T have him leave because he is VERY Talented and we can't afford to loose him. Also, the guy who booked us wants his son to be able to play a song or two with us.

So all mighty Pit, I ask of you to name some songs that fulfill the following requirements.....

1. It should be fairly well known.
2. It should have a fairly noticeable bassline.
3. It should have like 3 guitars in it.
4.?????
5. Profit.

Please help, all suggestions get some nice stuff in their inbox

Peace

FREE BIRD
Quote by Arthur Curry
eww

Just for you, you'll get something special.....

(but you need to name a song first)
well I don;t know the three guitars part but how about Master fo Puppets?

BR00TALZ EDIT* i know I shouldn;t even post this but Rage Against the Machine is very Bass Oriented oh and decontrol by drist....Probobly not the most popular song but it could work also doesn;t ahve 3 guitars
Last edited by MetalIsBrootalz at Jul 3, 2008,
Ramble On by Led Zep ? It's got a pretty involved bass line

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
I'm just gonna put this out here, i'm saying the bass part in this song is pretty difficult, but i'll name it anyway. All the red hot chili peppers songs have excellent bass parts and regular guitar and drum parts as well.
Why don't you play a mixture, like some songs with good bass (The Who - My Generation) and some songs with three guitars, though I don't know any. You could always drop one of the guitarists (if he does vocals) and let the promoters son take part instead.
3 guitars? All I can really think of is freebird...
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Also, newer Iron maiden has 3 guitars.
And Overkill has 4 solos you can share out amongst guitarists(or just do more repeats and the end and have squillions of solos), and it's an excuse for your bass playere to at least play really farking loud.
Quote by Panthers89Fan90
I'm just gonna put this out here, i'm saying the bass part in this song is pretty difficult, but i'll name it anyway. All the red hot chili peppers songs have excellent bass parts and regular guitar and drum parts as well.

He plays the flea bass solos like they are nothing.....

This kid is a prodigy.
Also here are a few others with good bass parts.
One of these days by pink floyd
The Lemon Song by Led Z
Hotel California has 3 different guitars, and a good bass part as well.

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
good bass parts... Good Times, Bad Times- Led Zep, Highway Star- Deep Purple (Get one guitar to do sweet keyboard part)
Вяєҭҭ
ZeGuitarist's sister is hawt.
?)
The Lemon Song - Led Zeppelin
War Pigs - Black Sabbath
NIB - Black Sabbath
Money - Pink Floyd

Why do you only have your bassist do 8th note parts if he is talented? Shouldn't you let him come up with his own lines?
Won't Get Fooled Again- The Who.

Hopefully you have a synth player and an awesome singer.

also...

Black Magic Woman- Santana
Heartbreaker- Led Zeppelin
More Than a Feeling- Boston
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
White Room by Cream
Happy Birthday song
Brick House by...well, you know what I speak of.

suck it up and share the guitar parts. you knew almost nobody has 3 guitars. This is the consequence.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
well seeing how you have so many guitars
fade to black-metallica
battery-metallica
both with tons of guitar layers

the ocean-led zeppelin rocking walking bass line
aqualung-jethro tull
black-pearl jam
even flow pearl jam
fire-jimi hendrix
foxey lady-jimi hendrix
black sabbath-black sabbath(or anything off that album)
Quote by guitarmannn

Our bass player is threatening to leave the band if we don't play some very bass oriented songs (all our other songs are just like straight 8th notes for him), and we CAN'T have him leave because he is VERY Talented and we can't afford to loose him.

Haha..for a moment there it sounded like a bass player was making threats.

If he's so talented have him make up his own basslines or let him go solo. That'll teach the smartass.
Quote by Rock God #1
Haha..for a moment there it sounded like a bass player was making threats.

If he's so talented have him make up his own basslines or let him go solo. That'll teach the smartass.

wat?

So if this kids a progeny like his guitarist says he'll definitely make it solo. Or he'll find another band. Bands aren't that hard to find when you play bass.

TS can you play Iron Maiden stuff? If you can a whole bunch of their stuff has good bass lines and won't sound bad with 3 guitars.
I thought Kick the Bassist had 3 guitars but of course the bass needs to be plugged into an ego booster pedal.
Let's go back to five billion bpm and see how good i am.
date rape by sublime has a really good bass line. quite busy through out the whole track
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Did I ever tell you how much I love you?

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']My father once said to me "Son, masturbation can stunt your growth and make you blind".

I said "I'm over here, shorty".
Quote by dp2007
date rape by sublime has a really good bass line. quite busy through out the whole track

Someone here actually knows and likes that song. You are made of pure fat swedish win.
Let's go back to five billion bpm and see how good i am.
There's some pretty decent Muse bass lines. Not great but definitely good (hysteria and stockholm syndrome are pretty sweet)
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
If he were a good bassist, he'd be able to make those ones at least a little more interesting. Anyway, write your own. There are few bands with 3 guitars, and even fewer with good basslines. So write your own songs. It'll pay off in the long run anyway.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Iron Maiden would be perfect for that. Three guitar parts, Steve Harris has VERY noticable bass parts, and they're very well known. Songs from them you should try:
Wrathchild
Run to the Hills
Hallowed be thy Name
Shine On You Crazy Diamond(6-9) - Pink Floyd

I'm not sure how many guitars there are, but you can improvise if you wish, it does, however, have a great bassline through the entire song.

Actually, why not just combine Parts 1-5 and 6-9 together? The first part is great with guitar and second with bass...
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
journeyman by iron maiden?
3 guitars and steve harris usually does funky bass stuff
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
"Achilles' Last Stand" by Led Zeppelin

idk about the bass line, but it can't be too bad.
talented bassist?
Quote by Skwisgar
The trip would reach its climax when you came across a character filling a pool via fapping and attempting to drown innocent people in it

Quote by Diet_coke_head
I ran up and started screaming rape because I knew she would never cheat on me.
amy iron maiden, preferably the trooper (even though i think it only has two guitars) or number of the beast, or maybe even aces high!

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562