dangerous and cannot be trusted
42 32%
can be very good companions
63 47%
who cares...
28 21%
Voters: 133.
Page 1 of 2
ever since i was little i was raised to believe that pitbulls are bred for fighting and that they slaughter innocent children and animals but since i have grown and developed my own opinions on things i have come to realized that they can be potentially wonderful pets and i think that it is rediculous that people are trying to make owning one illegal in some states. discuss

also most people cannot even properly identify one..... you try
http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html
your once gentle words are bleeding from my eyes ,screams of terror now fill my every breath...
Last edited by emokidsdelirium at Jul 3, 2008,
Quote by emokidsdelirium
ever since i was little i was raised to believe that pitbulls are bred for the mutilation and slaughter of innocent children and animals

I see...
Clearly the only correct answer is "can be very good companions".

Of course they CAN be good companions. It's just you get a minority that have them for less than angelic reasons. Actually I am not sure it's a minority.

Treat a dog badly, it'll treat people badly.
My uncle had2 before, something and Cojack.

They were awesome as puppies, always use to jump on my when i sat on the sofa and they'd fall asleep.

When they were adults, they were roidheads. Considering I was about 9 years old and weighed about the same as a mouldy flapjack, I was destroyed. I was torn up. I was split in half like a piece of wood.

Conclusion? They're awesome. And it's assholes who breed them for fighting who should be put down.

Pics of them that arne't portayed as killing machines:

(Invalid img)
Last edited by Kyle.E at Jul 3, 2008,
They are only good pets if you buy one and raise it from a puppy.

If you guy an adult from somewhere i dont doubt it wll eat you.
Quote by Kyle.E
My uncle had2 before, something and Cojack.

Conclusion? They're awesome. And it's assholes who breed them for fighting who should be put down.

i agree because they get bad reps since they only get attention for the bad they do

i heard that a few of micheal vicks fighting dogs were rehabilitated and are now working as therepy dogs with hospital patients and what not ,but you dont hear about that **** in the news all you here about is **** like two stoners were getting high whilst their dog tore there two year old to pieces
your once gentle words are bleeding from my eyes ,screams of terror now fill my every breath...
Any dog will become a killer if you treat it like that. It's just that pitbulls seem to be made into scapegoats.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
there are no bad dogs. only bad owners. my brothers pit is a big sissy because he was babied. it all depends on how the dog was raised. i know people with chows(sp?) who will snap at you. and they're all soft & fluffy....
Pitbulls are actually one of the most loyal breeds out there, safe with children, excellent guard dogs, reliable. It's sad that there's this negative view about them that in some areas, they're not even allowed to have legal papers.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
They are only aggressive because they are easy to train so people use them for guard dogs. That's where the stereotype comes from
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by Slaytanic6606
Any dog will become a killer if you treat it like that. It's just that pitbulls seem to be made into scapegoats.

exactly i just hate when people see one and they are like "oh get the gun out" and **** like that its such a steriotype

Quote by Cryptorchild
They are only good pets if you buy one and raise it from a puppy.

If you guy an adult from somewhere i dont doubt it wll eat you.

also true i wouldnt trust one i owned if i hadnt raised it and socialized it myself
They are a dog specially bred for fighting just like other bull dogs, but if you look after them right, like any dog, they will not be vicious nor dangerous.
one of my buddies from school, got this dvd from a guy, who got it when he bought some bootlegged stuff in NYC, and it was all dog fighting. it was so sad no one could watch the whole thing.
Japanese Akitas can be bastards sometimes if the 'owner' isn't careful.

I have an Akita who can be very aggressive when it comes to play fight. Not so much with biting but overall intimidation, as I know Akitas are very pack-orientated and like to be the dominator. So if he gets out of hand and starts to be a dick i usually just slap him across the face with the toy we're fighting over and he'll go on a strop.

10 minutes later he'll come and lay on my feet and look up with big soppy eyes and all is forgiven.

Ugh, I love dogs.

But aye, Akitas are awesome, but can be pretty dangerous.

Dont spose anyone else has exp with an Akita?
Depends on the owner usually.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
They are really nice dogs when brought up properly. Really nice, and wouldnt hurt a fly (Cats maybe, but never flies).
my sister has been looking for a new puppy and so we have been visiting the pound alot and its really sad cause more than half the dogs are pitbulls or are mixed with them but i love this pound cause usually all the dogs are kinda shady but at this one they are all soo friendly even the pits as soon as you make eye contact with them they start to wag thier tails and go right up to the fence to lick you and get petted
I love how whenever a kid gets eaten by one of these, it's the dogs fault. Sure, maybe in some cases, but any dog can be dangerous. If you "ban" pitbulls, you may as well ban every other dog. Might as well go as far as to "ban" wolves, and bears, seeings as they kill people too.
even if it is aggressive you can dog whisper his ass and call ceaser milan on him lol jk
My next door neighbour's always had English Bull Terriers, known to be equally as volatile, and when I was little I seem to remember feeding them chocolate buttons by hand. I have both hands now, so they can't be that bad.

The ones he has now are a bit more rowdy, although that might be because one of them's a pup?
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by Kyle.E
Japanese Akitas can be bastards sometimes if the 'owner' isn't careful.

I have an Akita who can be very aggressive when it comes to play fight. Not so much with biting but overall intimidation, as I know Akitas are very pack-orientated and like to be the dominator. So if he gets out of hand and starts to be a dick i usually just slap him across the face with the toy we're fighting over and he'll go on a strop.

10 minutes later he'll come and lay on my feet and look up with big soppy eyes and all is forgiven.

Ugh, I love dogs.

But aye, Akitas are awesome, but can be pretty dangerous.

Dont spose anyone else has exp with an Akita?

a girl at my school had to get surgery and **** because the dumb bitch just barged into a guys house and the akita nearly ripped her face off, she was a popular snobby bitch and probably deserved it

also i had akitas when i was 7 or 8 and my dad didn't care about them so they "went to live on a farm" but they had puppies and one of them was sold to a guy that severly mistreated it and that thing is 'in vicious

and saint bernards my st bernard loves my family and won't do anything to my friends but has bit 6 of my sisters friends for "no reason" as she put it but they teased him and he did what i would do
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
My next door neighbour's always had English Bull Terriers, known to be equally as volatile, and when I was little I seem to remember feeding them chocolate buttons by hand. I have both hands now, so they can't be that bad.

The ones he has now are a bit more rowdy, although that might be because one of them's a pup?

those are the ones with the sick! cone shaped noses right?iv always wanted one of those
Quote by emokidsdelirium
those are the ones with the sick! cone shaped noses right?iv always wanted one of those

Ahaha, yeah these ones

Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Ahaha, yeah these ones

those are so tight but they are kinda rare where im from i have only ever seen one in real life once
They're dangerous animals and shouldn't be kept as pets.

Not unless you're keen on the idea of it savaging your child's face off anyway. They're already banned in this country.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
They're dangerous animals and shouldn't be kept as pets.

Not unless you're keen on the idea of it savaging your child's face off anyway. They're already banned in this country.

which country?
It's all about the owners. My brother has a pitbull and trained it and all that, and it's nicer than my golden retriever.
Quote by emokidsdelirium
those are so tight but they are kinda rare where im from i have only ever seen one in real life once

Eh I'm not such a fan. Like I said, the ones he has now are scary.

Plus they're short-haired, and I like fluffy dogs :3
Quote by SteveHouse
Many breeds that are now considered safe used to be looked at as pitbulls are now...German Sherpards, Doberman's.....We had a pitbull mix and he was one of the most gentle dogs ever. (Unless you put a blanket over your head....then he would chew on you a little) If you abuse dogs or train them to fight, they'll be mean but if you're nice and discipline them then they usually turn out fine....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I dislike pitbulls generally because their owners are always asses. They're always gang bangers or dealers or just the usual 'hoodrats' that feel the need to have a big tough dog. I was watching a show about repo men and the guy was trying to repo some punk's Cadillac, and the kid goes 'hold on a second,' and comes back with a pitbull on a leash. Wtf? Be a man and face your problems, don't go and get your dog because your idiot lifestyle is catching up to you and you feel insecure.

Really just any time I see a yard that's like barely fenced in with pitbulls in it, especially when in a normal neighborhood, I get pissed off. Why do THEY need that crap? What the hell is someone going to steal from your POS single wide? Your dogs are only going to get out one day and cause problems for your neighbors, maybe serious problems.

I really view pitbull ownership badly. I just think that if you're going to have guard dogs, get a breed thats specifically bred for it and very well trained for it. Most people just buy a pitbull, feed it big steaks and punch it and stuff. Then one day it bites their hand off, which they deserve.

I do recognize though that pitbulls have the potential to be very good pets. Its just that I usually only see them in the possession of people who really have only slightly more brain power than they do.

/big rant
We're only strays.
The 2 dogs that were bred for fighting are the pitbull and the english bulldog (I have one, look at my profile).

Bulldogs have had most of their aggressive behavior bred out of them (happened in the 40's) and are actually recommended to families with children now because of their high pain tolerance for pain.

This can be done with pitbulls also. Most of them aren't even aggressive. It all depends on how you raise them.

If you treat any dog terrible it will act that way, no matter the bread. I have quite a few friends with pitbulls and they're all big cuddly babies.

Fun fact of the day: Pitbull and Bulldogs when attacked, feel virtually no pain. If you strike them or if they are bitten, it simply makes their adrenaline pump even harder. Compliments of Cesar Milano
Page 1 of 2