I think i would like an EQ to Smooth things out a bit with my VK. I'm not to sure if my nearest guitar stores carry MXR or the Fish n Chips which are most often recommended. How is the Boss GE-7? Or does anyone else have another suggestion?

31 bands. thats a bit overkill isnt it?

the GE7 isnt worth it IMO. a friend of mine had it and there wasnt much verstility to it.

BTW IBANEZ PSYCHO, i realized you pmed me back in april about my VK recording (which sounds ten times better now with the mxr 10 band. Hopefully youve found the answer yourself by now haha.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
You need 31 bands so you can scoop even more mids for the br00talz.

Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
i like 31 bands so you can pretend that your on a space ship with all your rack gear. if it has glowing lights thats a plus.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
^I felt like that with a 1960's gibson mercury at a local store (I wish I had the extra cash to get it, it would be a great piece of furniture, and it sounded good).
All the control names were unreadable, and the knobs looked very futuristic (atleast for a 60's amp). It seemed like something that you'd see on a lost in space episode.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
My GC will probably have an mxr... THey have crybaby's so they have dunlop pedals.
Quote by tomsy49
My GC will probably have an mxr... THey have crybaby's so they have dunlop pedals.

dunlop =/= mxr

you could look into the Behringer 7-band EQ for $30. it's made of plastic and feels pretty cheap, but you just have to be careful with it.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Quote by sg622

31 bands. thats a bit overkill isnt it?

the GE7 isnt worth it IMO. a friend of mine had it and there wasnt much verstility to it.

BTW IBANEZ PSYCHO, i realized you pmed me back in april about my VK recording (which sounds ten times better now with the mxr 10 band. Hopefully youve found the answer yourself by now haha.

That it is but you cant argue with cheap ... If you cant afford the stuff you want its the next best thing and its like 50 bucks or something.

I cant even remember the messages i sent out yesterday lol... Ill have to check it out and thanks for the update

edit***
Just checked the message.... thats when i first got my vk and yea well past that stage lol
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jul 3, 2008,
Quote by ugmung
dunlop =/= mxr

you could look into the Behringer 7-band EQ for $30. it's made of plastic and feels pretty cheap, but you just have to be careful with it.

MXR is owned by dunlop, even check the Dunlop site