what do you all think of the randall kirk hammett series stack?
i know randall can occasionally pop out some good stuff, but i just wanted to hear your opinions on it, cause its seems pretty cheap and im looking into getting a half stack with a good gain channel, but good cleans as well

link to it is here.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Randall-Kirk-Hammett-Signature-Series-KH120RHS-120W-4x12-Guitar-Half-Stack-605491-i1394522.gc
Last edited by Grey Dynasty at Jul 3, 2008,
Quote by Grey Dynasty
what do you all think of the randall kirk hammett series stack?
i know randall can occasionally pop out some good stuff, but i just wanted to hear your opinions on it, cause its seems pretty cheap and im looking into getting a half stack with a good gain channel, but good cleans as well

link to it is here.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Randall-Kirk-Hammett-Signature-Series-KH120RHS-120W-4x12-Guitar-Half-Stack-605491-i1394522.gc

Nope.

Get a RG50TC instead.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Ahh this is the SS version
Randall make pretty good SS amps higher up the range, but you'd be better off getting one of their tube combos
ohai little sig.
yeah its solid state, you'll find its money better spent on valve (tube) amps.
its ****, the kirk hammet amps are aweful, i tryed one out last week and i think a piece of me died inside
Jackson RR3
ESP LTD MH-250NT (EMG 81-85)
Peavey Valveking 100 Head
Harley Benton Cabnet
Blackstar Distx Valve Distortion
Boss DD3
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss Noise-Gate
A Member Of The Jackson Players Group
Quote by Grey Dynasty
can tube amps have a decent gain channel though?

im taking it you have never played one?
The Randall mts series is perfect, just spend some money.
SPAM:

Good deals: rok-en-rol, truespin, ICFootball62, IndianScout, tinypants, HartRacer86, Huntred_67, Perandor, and many others from HC
haha, never played one in my life.
always been scared away by the whole tube thing, cause i have no idea how they run.
Quote by Grey Dynasty
haha, never played one in my life.
always been scared away by the whole tube thing, cause i have no idea how they run.

You're missing out man, I have only played solid states up to a few weeks ago and there is a massive difference, it sounds so much better in every way.
SPAM:

Good deals: rok-en-rol, truespin, ICFootball62, IndianScout, tinypants, HartRacer86, Huntred_67, Perandor, and many others from HC
ive heard that lol, never had the guts to actually try it though.

do randalls have a good treble though?

im not into the great bass dominant tones.
Quote by Grey Dynasty
ive heard that lol, never had the guts to actually try it though.

do randalls have a good treble though?

im not into the great bass dominant tones.

I have only played an MTS once, but I ordered the RM100KH because I loved it so much and have yet to play it. The KH tends to have more bass, but all mts's have density and presence controls to suit your trebly needs. Also an equalizer can fix that up. I also don't like too much bass and each module is tailored a specific sound so you'll be able to find the tone you're looking for.
SPAM: