I have never played it. I have heard it been played many times online and I know almost everything about due to probably an obsessive amount of research. Right now its only $230 and it will be an uprgrade for me from a Roland Cube 15w. I figured the price is good and the amp is too. I play mostly metalcore/hardcore type stuff but I also like to play clean. I also play a Schecter C-1 Classic and my current amp just isn't doing it justice.

What do you think?
Rhythm Harmony Melody
I think that this is quite a common amp so you should go and try one out in store and see if it is good
I'm afraid...

It doesnt really cut it for really heavy metal. Try looking at small peavey or crate valve amp.

Have a look at a Peavey Valveking 112.
Quote by Guit4rG0d
I got one for X-mass...i love it!
you can do nearly EVERY type of tone that you want for what ever style of music you play

Just like almost every other amp in the whole world
It's a good amp, but I heard the non-XL series are better.

However, although it'll be louder, I'm not sure it's a great upgrade from a Cube 15. That's already a decent amp.

I think: Sell the Cube, take the money and the $230 and get something else.
I have the regular AD30VT, while it's a good amp for the price - you are going to grow out of it just as quick as you did the Cube.

...and I think the XL's are on clearance everywhere because they failed at high gain.
SRV R.I.P.
Quote by dpv
I have the regular AD30VT, while it's a good amp for the price - you are going to grow out of it just as quick as you did the Cube.

...and I think the XL's are on clearance everywhere because they failed at high gain.

+8,973

Never heard a good thing about the XL's.

And it's not really a worthwhile upgrade from a Cube. Don't get me wrong, it's a good amp. Just not going to do your guitar any more justice than the Cube.

Maybe if you sold the Cube for w/e you can get and spend the whole $400 or whatever you'd be in a better boat. Look for used tube amp at that price.
Last edited by TheProducer at Jul 3, 2008,
For the price is it good? I don't need an absolutely amazing amp. I want a good amp for a good price and this looks amazing. I just want something to play at home. The effects look really good too for what it is.
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Quote by SOCOOLITHURTS
For the price is it good? I don't need an absolutely amazing amp. I want a good amp for a good price and this looks amazing. I just want something to play at home. The effects look really good too for what it is.

Yes, it's a good amp for the price.

But not that much better than your current amp. Not worth the $230 in this situation, IMO.
I also did some researches about that amp. The XL version is modified for hi-gain which it failed miserably. I tried one of those and didn't see the point, really. If you want REALLY hi-gain you will need to invest in a pedal because that amp don't have enough of that.

I see many still prefer the non-XL version and said it sound better. I haven't gotten the chance to try it but I do believe them based on all the youtube videos available.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by hminh87
I also did some researches about that amp. The XL version is modified for hi-gain which it failed miserably. I tried one of those and didn't see the point, really. If you want REALLY hi-gain you will need to invest in a pedal because that amp don't have enough of that.

I see many still prefer the non-XL version and said it sound better. I haven't gotten the chance to try it but I do believe them based on all the youtube videos available.

Yes. If you insist on getting the Vox, I would say stay away from the XL. Just take a look at the GC site. Wonder why they are now selling it cheaper than the regular series when the MSRP is actually higher? Not a good sign.
since it sounds like you are pretty much a home player, you should look into the Blackheart Little Giant. It is all tube, and it's got some nice crunch sounds on it. It would do your C-1 Classic justice, and you will be happy with your tone for a while. Of course, it is smaller, but it is all tube. That sucker can get pretty loud. Check it out.
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
Quote by Chance125
since it sounds like you are pretty much a home player, you should look into the Blackheart Little Giant. It is all tube, and it's got some nice crunch sounds on it. It would do your C-1 Classic justice, and you will be happy with your tone for a while. Of course, it is smaller, but it is all tube. That sucker can get pretty loud. Check it out.

I think this would be the better idea.

No point in buying another low-power solid state modeling amp when you already have one.
the 15x is pretty crappy IMO. it's not as good as everyone claims. if you're just going to be playing at home, why not just get a Microcube?
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
I have one. Buy it. I got mine for $300 at a local music store. $230 is a great deal. The 9 different dist. types are great. but it can be a little low end heavy. But you just have to turn the low end down. (10-12 o'clock is good)
Keeping it real since '92
And one feature to be noted is that the 15 Watt version does not have the wattage regulator function. Only 30 Watt and upward.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

The 50 watt version is cool. I couldn't turn the effects off, I played it at Guitar Center. It has Tweed mode, Blackface, Marshall something I think, I was just comparing it to some Fender amps, Fender won though, but it is loaded with effects. The autowah was my first time using wah.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
When I went for the AD 30 VT. I ended up getting the DA 20. It's not a high gain amp either, but i thought it had much better tone. Try them both and as many others as you can.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD