I've been away from here for a while, but I'm back...And it's time to upgrade my bass...I'm going to NY next week, and I'll probably be buying from GC, and I was thinking of getting a Jazz 24V.

Budget is around $1,000 and I'll be trying before I buy.

Suggestions please?

Thanks all.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Well, what amp do you have, what kind of music do you play, do you want extended range (5-6 or more strings), etc
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Get a used Musicman. Nothing else quite has that growl and punch.
Guitar & Bass
Quote by slashrock94
I would get one with 6 strings and a shorter neck, I call it a Guitar

Is that so?

*reported*

The Jazz 24V is a nice choice. What genre of music do you play/what sound are you looking for?
Quote by slashrock94

No, you'd be getting a warning. Warned.
Ha my Jazz dluxe 24 just arrived today and its amazing seriously get it its amazing like amazing tone and evreything but if it comes with fender satndard strings i would change them like straight away cause their not good but get that bass or th 5 string version which i think there is
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by slashrock94

This guy obviously wants a BASS.

I've heard good things about Musicmans and Jazzmasters.
\¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿??????????/

Thanks, I play alot of styles, so I was hoping to get something good and versitale, that's why I decided against a Stingray. JAzz 24V a good choice? Also, I only really want a 5'er.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Jazz basses are very versitile so i would defenatly try out a 5 string fender jazz.
or a lakland 55-01
To Be is to Do -Socrates-
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra
Look at the Jazz V 24. Five strings, 24 frets great slap tone.

And btw, slashrock94 has been warned, so please don't keep reporting his post.
Quote by Hosscat
Get a used Musicman. Nothing else quite has that growl and punch.

Hosscat is right. Music Man's are really great, but the best thing to do is try out a lot of basses and find out what works best for you.
If you can afford a MusicMan I'd go for that, but it all depends on what you're playing.

I think the Musicman, or what I've heard of one, can suit all types of music. Look around, they're used in metal, jazz, funk, etc, etc.
signature
He doesn't want a Music Man.

there is a reason he said so, it is because he actually doesn't want one.

he isn't gonna spend his 1000 bucks on something other people like, he wants to spend it on something he likes.

anyway, I would try the Jazz 24, it is a very nice bass. I would also look at G&L, I find them quite nice basses, I would check out Ibanez, they make some nice stuff, and just keep your eyes peeled. you might find something amazing.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by sammcl-15
Thanks, I play alot of styles, so I was hoping to get something good and versitale, that's why I decided against a Stingray. JAzz 24V a good choice? Also, I only really want a 5'er.

It's not like the Stingray isn't versatile. You can get lots of different sounds from both basses. IMO the Ray has a far superior slap tone. I say try both and decide for yourself. Both are quality basses, it's a matter of preference really.